F-14 May Development Update -- Campaigns & Content!

Cobra847

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Information is building.

One of the most anticipated DCS releases.

I can't wait!

The DEMONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to Heaven for the climate,Hell for the company

Check us out on page 23 in the squadron directory, on the multiplayer forum and send me a private message.

@Cobra ...will the training missions for both A and B models also be available on NTTR or only be placed in Caucasus. I, for one, do all my training flights in NTTR and it would be a shame to completely leave that map and this opportunity out of the package!

Can not wait for the F14, such good memories of watching TopGun at the cinema with my father when i was 14 years old. For me this module will be a chance to remember him more when i'm flying through the clouds and to revisit old but never forgotten memories of that special day.

Thank you, and day one purchase for me too.

Just in case you guys had not seen this video, I post the link here, Fightertown USA BABY!

-Woog

Very good !

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

My name is CheckGear and I approve of these two campaigns!

The campaign notes reflect a heck of a lot of research and historical accuracy. I'm a freelance military writer and I've researched and written extensively about U.S.-Iran relations and the Tanker Wars of '87 - '88. I'm most looking forward to the historical campaign (the Persian Gulf campaign). The hypothetical campaign sounds great too, but my appetite for these World War III NATO vs. Warsaw Pact stories has all but been satisfied. The narrative is exceptional, however.

The Persian Gulf campaign seems to put you in the cockpit of a VF-1 or VF-2 F-14A. Here are some useful links that'll help establish your place in the campaign a bit better:

The WESTPAC 1987 USS Ranger Cruise Book. You can use this to assume the persona of one of the real-life VF-1 or VF-2 NAs or NFOs! LOL

https://www.navysite.de/cruisebooks/cv61-87/index.html

In fact, a couple of Tomcat legends were on that cruise - Lt. James Winnefeld was flying for VF-1; Winnefeld recently retired from the Navy as a four-star admiral, his last posting as Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Meanwhile, everyone's favorite NFO, Lt. David Baranek was back-seating in VF-2 on that cruise. Coincidentally, both served alongside each other as instructors at TOPGUN just a year or two earlier!

And at the risk of shameless self-promotion, here is a link to an article I wrote concerning Admiral James "Ace" Lyons, who, in summer 1987, attempted to provoke a war with Iran. This takes place during the exact same timeframe as described in the campaign notes:

http://warisboring.com/in-1987-a-rogue-u-s-navy-admiral-schemed-for-war-with-iran/

Happy reading!

Quick question, anyone knows if it will be possible to switch between pilot and RIO or if the RIO seat is AI only?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

I thought that we will see full Top Gun campaign in Nevada with combat deployment later. :)

So I suppose that will be something that will come later...

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Just make sure to release this model more complete than the Viggen and make sure to get that module out of early access before you pull the trigger on this one...

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Can not wait for this bird so excited to fly the B (Analog displays, hands on all the way, realistic HUD with it's slower frame rate <3 and my RIO watching my back...got to love the F14 size).

Going to be a hard plane to master, learn and become one with...but it's going to be one hell of a ride!

Just make sure to release this model more complete than the Viggen and make sure to get that module out of early access before you pull the trigger on this one...

LOL Yes boss lolol.. Nah i think they should scrap the Viggen :thumbup: and put more effort into the F14...How do you like them apples? LOLOLOL

No matter how long it will take until the tomcat finally will be ready for us, but please, heatblur, don't handle things like ED did and give early access to random youtube guys.

I mean, there are some serious dcs-youtubers out there, who do make very good videos and tutorials, but also some guys who definitely shouldn't get their hands on it too early, because they're kind of “killing the anticipation“ and lots of “good vibrations“ here in the forum as well.

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

No matter how long it will take until the tomcat finally will be ready for us, but please, heatblur, don't handle things like ED did and give early access to random youtube guys.

I mean, there are some serious dcs-youtubers out there, who do make very good videos and tutorials, but also some guys who definitely shouldn't get their hands on it too early, because they're kind of “killing the anticipation“ and lots of “good vibrations“ here in the forum as well.

+1

Matt "Ship" Shipley

Virtual Carrier Air Wing 1 (VCVW-1)

VF-211 Checkmates