F-14D??

OnionSpider13

So in theory we could get a D model?

They're saying it's a possibility but won't commit to doing so.

They have an immense amount of work ahead of them still, even once the F-14B gets into "early access"..I use quotations because their module will be by far the most complete EA aircraft yet.

This is what they have ahead of them after the F-14B is released later this year.

1: Completing the F-14B (finishing out all desired and planned features, etc) Bug fixes, etc.

2: Finishing the F-14A (aka the TF30 AsthmaCat) and repeating the same processes as above.

3: Finishing and releasing the Iranian variant of the F-14A (aka the AliCat).

4: ...THEN..maybe, the F-14D, provided the previous three goals go smoothly and successfully.

So..yes..it's a possibility..but we need to support HB now and be patient while they finish what they've already got cooking.

...I know it's blasphemy, but after the A and B, I'd rather have an A6...

+1

I would love to fly an A6. After the A6 they surely can do the D. :D

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

My 2nd favorite Tomcat squadron is VF-213. I love their two CVW-8 liveries. So if a D happens, then yes, absolutely I'd get it.

The B is still my favorite model. VF-143, VF-11, and VF-32 take up three of the 5 top slots on my favorite squadrons list. VF-142 and VF-102 are just gravy. I'm most excited about this one in the release line-up.

The A? I like it. VF-41 is the most accomplished Tomcat squadron pretty much ever. Their combat record is proven. If the F-14 did just about anything combat-related, the Black Aces did it first. VF-211, VF-14, and VF-154 also ended their days in the A-model, and I love them also.

My point I guess is, we're getting a Tomcat for DCS, which is awesome. An F-14D would just complete the family, but if we never get it I won't be able to cry much.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

We're focused on getting the A & B perfect first; but there's no lack of willpower to continue our Tomcat journey if the product is received well! :)

I cannot believe I'm about to say this, as I would absolutely LOVE the F-14D, but I'm actually against it.

It would require a massive amount of work, and I'd rather HB spend those man hours on a new airframe.

Imagine if HB would do a Tornado for example... Wouldn't you rather have that when we already are getting the F-14A/B?

I would certainly buy an F-14D if Heatblur saw fit to offer one. It IS the definitive Turkey, after all.

However, will I cross my fingers and pray for the 'D' model? (meh) Not really. I'm already getting a GE powered Tomcat. That alone is enough to satisfy me.

If, down the road, Cobra and friends want to continue to expand their F-14 module(s), I would ask only for a Sparrowhawk HUD. Anything else is simply icing on the proverbial cake.

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I cannot believe I'm about to say this, as I would absolutely LOVE the F-14D, but I'm actually against it.

It would require a massive amount of work, and I'd rather HB spend those man hours on a new airframe.

Imagine if HB would do a Tornado for example... Wouldn't you rather have that when we already are getting the F-14A/B?

This is what I also think. I'm also thinking that by making the D, the by far definitive Tomcat, wouldn't it make the A/B redundant effectively?

But maybe I'm not looking at it in the right light. But I just don't see the point of the extra time it would take to give us the D, when we are already getting the venerable B? Especially when, as you mentioned, it's time that would be taken away from another module?

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

I would also love a D-Cat. If the sales numbers are right (which they should be) with the A/B, Heatblur should go for it!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I'm way more excited for the A. If I could have any model tomorrow, that would be it. I'd buy the D, but it doesn't heat my undercarriage like the older birds.

I know it's blasphemy, but after the A and B, I'd rather have an A6 and then an F111.

I’m with you. The “A” will sound like the Tomcat I love as well.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

The F-14 actually carried and shot the AMRAAM in testing...from what I read they had plans to carry 12 of them on the Tomcat. But the AMRAAM conversion funding was used to fund the LANTIRN rollout instead.

Pypx7N

With that said I don't want to see that loadout on the Tomcat of course because it was never used outside of testing ;)

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

The F-14 actually carried and shot the AMRAAM in testing...from what I read they had plans to carry 12 of them on the Tomcat. But the AMRAAM conversion funding was used to fund the LANTIRN rollout instead.

Pypx7N

With that said I don't want to see that loadout on the Tomcat of course because it was never used outside of testing ;)

A few things- The F-14 fit tested, carried, and fired UNGUIDED AMRAAM shots during initial AIM-120A testing. The AWG-9 would have needed a lot expensive upgrades to actually talk to and guide the AMRAAM though- apparently there was concern about the cost of making it work with the F-14 A/B. The F-14D could have fired it, again with upgrades, but the funding for AMRAAM is what paid for LANTIRN and Bombcat upgrades- at least in part.

The 12-missile loadout you're referring to may be the AIM-154/155 projects that would have replaced the AIM-54. This had most likely been covered in a previous thread already.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

I'm way more excited for the A. If I could have any model tomorrow, that would be it. I'd buy the D, but it doesn't heat my undercarriage like the older birds.

I know it's blasphemy, but after the A and B, I'd rather have an A6 and then an F111.

The same here.

Specially the older and archaic, avionics, HUD symbology, etc are more my thing.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

The same here.

Specially the older and archaic, avionics, HUD symbology, etc are more my thing.

Me also, I love the cockpit of the A/B, I personally don't like the HUD on the D. I think you loose some visibility that the A/B has with the HUD being projected straight onto the front glass with no combiners blocking vision. I can't wait to tame the TF-30, flying to its limits takes a lot of skill. Whereas with the D, because of the advancements made with its avionics, it doesn't require the same amount of time and training as the A/B.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

• 4 weeks later...
How likely is this to happen? I mean is there any reason for us to not get it? Such as like with the Gripen/JA37D, I.E. Stuff is still classified or there isn't enough information.

I'd guess not very likely. At least not in any foreseeable future. Who knows when the A will come out, let alone a hypothetical D

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

It is quite likely - but we still need to launch the A/B and everything that comes with it.

Hype x 100,000,000 for me on this one. Holy hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440