F-14D??

OnionSpider13

Both variants are valid for their respectable eras. As for certain users preferring 1 version over the other, This is nothing new. Its also the same thing in every other discussion aircraft discussion. a Desire for additional variants from earlier time periods.

F14A/B for the cold war nostalgia ( even if the latter has some features post 1990) and the later F14D which is representative of the technological modernization bringing parity to other gen 4 fighters of the time, and applicable in a post cold war era from early 1990s up to a mid 2000's time period into the early days of the GWOT.

The F14D has appeal as it is for that reason the representation of the ultimate and final evolution of the tomcat. IN any case, considering that heatblur did express interest in continuing the tomcat journey, which implied they were interested or at least considering doing later tomcat variations in the future.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 2 months later...

Just imagine the salt that would flow if SuperTomcat's were running wild, the power and maneuverability we already enjoy with the Big Fighter, coupled with modern HUD, APG-71, JDAMs, Link16 - it would be glorious and I'd pay full module price happily.

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Just imagine the salt that would flow if SuperTomcat's were running wild, the power and maneuverability we already enjoy with the Big Fighter, coupled with modern HUD, APG-71, JDAMs, Link16 - it would be glorious and I'd pay full module price happily.

DISCO

Did the F-14D have a fly by wire flight computer also?

Did the F-14D have a fly by wire flight computer also?
I believe it had a DFCS, yes. I really enjoy flying the Cat as-is, and am not sure I would want the power-steering feel of the Hornet, but it probably would make employing all that power and the extremely clever aerodynamics the Turkey enjoys easier.

I like the challenge of getting the most out of the Big Fighter without HAL 9000's help.

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

I believe it had a DFCS, yes. I really enjoy flying the Cat as-is, and am not sure I would want the power-steering feel of the Hornet, but it probably would make employing all that power and the extremely clever aerodynamics the Turkey enjoys easier.

I like the challenge of getting the most out of the Big Fighter without HAL 9000's help.

DISCO

Dfcs Is not fly-by wire

Also the harrier has something similar and it is not fbw.

However it is close in feelings to it

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest Pro  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, F-16EX Grip, Orion 2 Base, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

To clarify, courtesy of MATS:

"The new flight control computer commands are designed to automatically apply anti-spin flight control inputs as angle-of-attack and yaw threshols are exceeded. The DFCS also includes aileron-to-rudder interconnect logic to minimize dutch roll characteristics and make heading control easier during landing."

and

"The DFCS will bring enhanced controllability and improved performance in the high angle-of-attack and landing envelope for F-14As, F-14Bs and F-14Ds. Handling qualities were already successfully demonstrated aboard USS Enterprise in October 1999 during numerous landing approaches."

and

"The DFCS will improve the F-14s maneuverability, survivability and reliability and will give the Tomcat an aid for spin avoidance. The pilots will be able to maneuver more aggressively in the flight envelope and also the landing characteristics will improve."

So, technically, not FBW because the existing hydro-mechanical systems remained with physical connection between the pilot and the system, but it is performing most of the duties and protections that define modern FBW systems.

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-dfcs.htm

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Until the relevant documentation and manuals can be sourced, it's a pipe dream (but we already know that, at least most of us). That being said, I thoroughly enjoy the Tomcat even with Jester continually letting me down like a workaholic stepfather. Having the D as an option would be a clear 'price is no object' scenario for me.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

I’ll buy 3, full price. Or blank check, whatever. We can make that legally binding.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

Until the relevant documentation and manuals can be sourced, it's a pipe dream (but we already know that, at least most of us). That being said, I thoroughly enjoy the Tomcat even with Jester continually letting me down like a workaholic stepfather. Having the D as an option would be a clear 'price is no object' scenario for me.

I'm probably wrong, but from what I can find in terms of open source information, I don't think there is more documentation on the B available than the D.

Definitely the wrong thread xD

I want the fkkin' Tornado ... ground attack version please....

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

100% agree, shame our relations with Iran are so crappy. C'est la vie...

Did the AN/APG-71 have medium PRF? Is that classified i wonder?

also, 10/10 would buy

+1,alone with the STC21!!!

Oh yes, the Super Tomcat. There's certainly a ton of documentation about this totally real aircraft...

You lot need to keep dreaming about the F-14D, maybe we'll see a few years after Iran scraps their Tomcats, maybe.

For now, just be thankful that we have such an outstanding recreation of an actual historic jet.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

guys, HB basically said it's not going to happen. They don't have the documentation for the systems to make it. It's all classified, since Iran still flies the 14A, and they're not exactly friends with the US.

Why the Iranian Alphas has anything to do with possibility of doing Delta? We already have B and soon we gonna get A, so?

I don't care for the D, just curious... starting to hate the aircraft wishlist threads too :thumbup:

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria