** DCS F-14 March Mini-Update! **

Cobra847

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 years that I wait but I will finally soon be able to try it !! :lol:

Wonder if HB will hide an Easter egg to make Jester do "the finger" :D

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Can we get a progress report on the "Skanky Hack"? (see attached)

:)

That'd make for an interesting callsign.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Wonder if HB will hide an Easter egg to make Jester do "the finger" :D
Oh no ! It's Maverick !!

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

Oh no ! It's Maverick !!

It was going to be sensational, but nowadays, it would fall into the "politically correct" and certainly there would be more criticism to HB than thanks. Maybe a flash to simulate a photo would be more appropriate ... HEHEHEHEH

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do we fly F14, this year?!

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

That would be awesome

Thank you very much

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Said it before.

I think HB’s been gag ordered and tossed a couple bucks to ziplip whilst the Hornet rolls out.

The post about going quiet for a couple months pretty much fell in line with the Hornet dropped!

Im hoping we can get our hands on the TomCat by mid/end of July.

Said it before.

I think HB’s been gag ordered and tossed a couple bucks to ziplip whilst the Hornet rolls out.

The post about going quiet for a couple months pretty much fell in line with the Hornet dropped!

3rd party team developing carrier based fighter goes quiet during sim developer carrier based fighter release...indeed. Hmmm lol :music_whistling: Tinfoil hat on.

To be fair they are pretty 'different' aside form that those two main similarities. Personally I have no interest in the F/A-18 at all, but am busting a nut waiting for the Tomcat lol. I am certainly not going to go buy the Hornet just because the Tomcat has been delayed till the Hornet is out (if that is the case)...but hey heaps will I assume.

But then the Hornet never did it for me even when they came over from Aussie and flew with us. They just always looked 'weak' to me for some reason.

F-14 - now that is a real aircraft! :joystick:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Said it before.

:megalol:

Sorry but you know that HB said the F-14 will be released(EA) end 2017 "under all circumstances" and then they said "ups, missed our goal, release next year". They just failed to deliver before the FA-18 EA timeframe, no conspiracy here.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Said it before.

Sorry, needed to recover from laughing so hard.

I am more inclined to believe HB is waiting for ED to flesh out Carrier Ops, the radar in DCS World, etc. while hacking away on ASM and "Jester AI". Especially Jester is an absolute DCS first, so plenty of obstacles and things to cause delays.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sorry, needed to recover from laughing so hard.

I am more inclined to believe HB is waiting for ED to flesh out Carrier Ops, the radar in DCS World, etc. while hacking away on ASM and "Jester AI". Especially Jester is an absolute DCS first, so plenty of obstacles and things to cause delays.

I don't think they are waiting for ED on anything. They do their own radar stuff and working on their own carrier. Even if they rely on carrier tech from ED and if this tech should not be available for them yet, they could still release the Tomcat without carrier ops initially. But I don't think this is beeing an issue anyways.

It seems more like they still have quite some work to do with their own stuff.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We presently believe that the next 90 days will see most, if not all, of these major and minor items to be resolved...

I'll just leave this here, hoping to aid with some peoples text comprehension...

Edited by Arsonist
Typo

If people are going to constantly quote Cobra847, it may be useful to do it in its entirety. That entire update was about March's developmental process and due-outs.

We presently believe that the next 90 days will see most, if not all, of these major and minor items to be resolved, leaving us within touching distance of launching.

We’re keeping our fingers crossed and our coffee pots plentiful.

Additionally, "these major and minor items" is in reference to a specific list he posted, not release. Maybe that list has been completed - then again maybe not. If the developmental process (DT) is complete, then OT&E (or whatever the equivalent is for this type of thing) is probably just beginning.

I got Tomcat Fever just like everybody else, but I never did a time hack.

Edited by MRSHADO

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

I don't think they are waiting for ED on anything. They do their own radar stuff and working on their own carrier. Even if they rely on carrier tech from ED and if this tech should not be available for them yet, they could still release the Tomcat without carrier ops initially. But I don't think this is beeing an issue anyways.

It seems more like they still have quite some work to do with their own stuff.

...and their own radar gets the "return" data from their own world simulation and objects database?

They interface with DCS World for the core stuff. If ED fleshes out more detailed information in the environment (ground returns/clutter) or implements new "options" or refinement or model impact from the environment on radar returns from planes during the F/A-18C development it will likely affect other radar codes.

I don't know what ED has up their sleeves for radar, but the F/A-18C early access makes me believe they will do changes to the current implementation of radar.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

... I don't know what ED has up their sleeves for radar, but the F/A-18C early access makes me believe they will do changes to the current implementation of radar.

The F-18C early access is a mess... how can you derive any conclusion from it?

...and their own radar gets the "return" data from their own world simulation and objects database?

They interface with DCS World for the core stuff. If ED fleshes out more detailed information in the environment (ground returns/clutter) or implements new "options" or refinement or model impact from the environment on radar returns from planes during the F/A-18C development it will likely affect other radar codes.

I don't know what ED has up their sleeves for radar, but the F/A-18C early access makes me believe they will do changes to the current implementation of radar.

It's a fairly decent assumption - but it does not hold true in our case. Most of our stuff is very much custom, a design philosophy that we've carried through the development of the Viggen and into the F-14.

We don't see the F-18 influencing F-14 development much, with perhaps the exception of new functionality that does not exist at all in DCS world or improvements to some weaponry (e.g. AIM-7)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 1 month later...

hope that going into burner thing doesn't sound like an explosion in the final version, having being burnt by VF-211 many times on deck I know they don't make that sound

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR