F-14 February Mini-Update

Cobra847

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think its now definite, we won't see the F14 before ED's "flagship" module. Thanks for the update Cobra.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Thanks for the promising update, Heatblur!

@Cobra, will there be interactive training missions for the EA? (Sorry, if this has been already answered somewhere)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Can't wait to see what level of quality you guys are about to pull off. The crumbles already looked sublime and the Viggen is already superb.

Thanks for this detailed update!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

It's somewhat surprising that the F-14B gets released first, given the extra work with the LTS pod and integration of A2G weapons. It would seem easier to release the F-14A first and then release the A2G stuff later, kinda like they're doing with the Hornet.

I'm not complaining, though ;)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Great news! can't wait for the F-14, which is a milestone in DCS modules just like the F-18 but you know, the F-14 is very appealing, maybe due to some remnants of '80s youth, do you know what i mean? :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

It's somewhat surprising that the F-14B gets released first, given the extra work with the LTS pod and integration of A2G weapons. It would seem easier to release the F-14A first and then release the A2G stuff later, kinda like they're doing with the Hornet.

Did I miss something? Can´t find the part where HB said, that they will release the B first. Just found something about the campaign for the B, which is already in production.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Did I miss something? Can´t find the part where HB said, that they will release the B first. Just found something about the campaign for the B, which is already in production.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3386941&postcount=8

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Thanks, funkyfranky. It´s really easy to miss all those hidden hints.

Thanks for the update.

You can sense the excitment for this project within the community.

The Co-op campaigns really adds value to the package,especially for squadrons looking to operate this aircraft as a group.

I may have missed it,but is there any update on the Carrier?From the original update it sounded quite ground breaking and expect most operations will be centred around it.

Edited by MrPiper
Typo

The DEMONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to Heaven for the climate,Hell for the company

Check us out on page 23 in the squadron directory, on the multiplayer forum and send me a private message.

**Edit** I was under the impression The F-14B Bombcat had an A/G Radar System **Appologies**

Edited by Phantom88
My mistake

Patrick

mini.gif

I thought the only difference between the A and B are the engines?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I thought the only difference between the A and B are the engines?

This will most likely be the case if we get the F14 A/B "upgrade" versions. They both were able to carry the LANTIRN and were upgraded to the same avionics standard (close to the D - 1992). If so we will have two very similar versions and the main difference will be the engines. I personally hope we get an F14A from the early days that has different non digital avionics, no glass cockpit and no DFCS. Let's see!