F-14 February Mini-Update

Cobra847

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news & thanks guys! I'm glad that it is you who are developing my favorite aircraft :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

SO HYPED !!!

Really looking forward to this :) Oh and the inclusion of bombcat is darn awesome.

Godspeed Heatblur!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 9700K, 32GB RAM, RTX 2080ti, 1TB nVME, 27"@ 2560x1440, Rift S

Controls: WT Hotas, MFG Crosswinds, DIY FreeTrack

Thank you very much for the news ... F-14 news is always welcome.

But the impression is that I bought the GIFT in the store to spend on the F-14 before the middle of the year, but the aircraft looks like it's going to take longer than the F-18 to launch.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

Thank you guys, really appreciate it. Now we have a better idea of the timeframes and what to expect. Nice to hear we will be watching some gameplay videos next month.

TBH i thaught F-14 EA would be ready around mid May...but maybe i was too optimistic. Anyway, good to hear from you, and the depth the Tomcat it's getting it's amazing. Thanks! :thumbup:

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

Will the tomcat be 2.5 only? Or will there be a version compatible with 1.5.8?

Based on my understanding of ED's releases, 1.5.8 will become obsolete upon the 2.5 release to stable branch, presumably in the next month or so.

So, in saying that, I'd suggest that they will release it for 2.5 as that will be the stable platform.

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, in saying that, I'd suggest that they will release it for 2.5 as that will be the stable platform.

I think so, too. 1.5.8 is going to become unsupported with the 2.5 stable release, and it wouldn't make any sense for developers to integrate their product into an unsupported version. Also, I'm sure ED have invested enough time and effort releasing updates to several versions in parallel that they really, really wouldn't do this any longer than absolutely necessary.

I'm afraid if hardware concerns keep players from upgrading to 2.5, all new modules will probably be out of reach.

I think so, too. 1.5.8 is going to become unsupported with the 2.5 stable release, and it wouldn't make any sense for developers to integrate their product into an unsupported version. Also, I'm sure ED have invested enough time and effort releasing updates to several versions in parallel that they really, really wouldn't do this any longer than absolutely necessary.

Absolutely. The whole point of retiring v1.5 was to avoid supporting two dev branches. Any modules released from here forward will be v2.5+ compatible only.

It is unfortunate for those with older hardware but this is no different than any other franchise releasing new versions. You wouldn't expect the latest release from a console dev to be compatible with an Xbox 360?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

ED and you devs keep taking my money. And I mean yeah.. I'm sitting here holding the dollars out like "please take my money."

It's going to be tough juggling the education process of the harrier, the f/a-18c and also take the highway to the danger zone in the Tomcat... but.. it sure is going to be fricking awesome.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

"I feel the need. the need for speed"

Can't wait for this. coop campaign, forgive if I'm wrong but(probably wrong,hope not) but the way he worded mp together, is it possible or is multicrew going to be a feature in EA or later or final release? Or is it all gonna be dependent on jester ai, an maybe switching seats like how it's done in the Huey switching via co=pilot/gunners seats etc?