LANTIRN!

Cobra847

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This image looks not so fancy, it looks more like DCS implementation (so very simple), than real one.

But I presume you know that so it is just very alpha state of Lantirn, final version will be much more realistic.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

FLIR Imaging has to be overhauled by ED, I guess Heatblur can't do much how the Graphics Engine renders such effects. They can only tweak them a bit but not overhaul the shader.

But ED has already announced that FLIR Imaging will be reworked one day :smartass:

don't know what to say, i just want it so bad

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Nice work, Heatblur!

I have a question.

what lines are in the image?

I think the lines you're talking about are the limit of the pod before the image is being masked by the aircraft. The blast radius circle was implemented with the Sniper XR if I recall well.

• Like 1

So many groundpounders here. Lol.....not gonna be in any of my loadouts ;)

Nice of Heatblur to be doing this, not that it was in any way required or even needed, I think its fair to say its much appreciated.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

So many groundpounders here. Lol.....not gonna be in any of my loadouts ;)

Same here, Im quite sure she is called the F-14, not the A-14 :D

All fun aside, very nice gesture and looking good HB! My money is burning in my wallet..

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Nice work, Heatblur!

I have a question.

what lines are in the image?

DT0JxOZVoAAz6XF.jpg:large

These lines are the mask avoidance curve AFAIK, shows where the aircraft will be masking the laser or IR video. They're not accurately positioned yet, just placeholder currently from video footage. If our model of LANTIRN Targeting System and pylon and F-14 external is all correct, "in theory" our mask avoidance curve will look the same.

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is absolutely brilliant! I'm a very A/A focussed person who occasionally likes dropping PGMs, and who prefers old-school non-FBW, so this can't make me any more happy! :D

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Wow very cool HB!!! Keep it rolling! To the F-14 pros out there, is the F-14A LANTIRN capable or it's a toy for -Bs only?

Regards

It'll be a F-14B only if Heatblur are still making a mid-80's F-14A and a mid-90's F-14B.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"