LANTIRN!

Cobra847

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy::clap::punk::thumbsup::cheer3nc:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

i wonder what the white random-appearing line represents

can somebody give clarification please?

thanks

I was told on a FB Group that it represents the approximate blast radius of the weapon being employed*

(*Not responsible for errors or omissions)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Cobra, is Heatblur still aiming for a mid-90's F-14B and Mid 80's F-14A?

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

All righty-y then..... so this explains the delays....

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Felix will be very happy - BombCat!!!! Fighting 31

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

OMG!!!! Biggest news yet!!!! I'm so pumped!!! The Sparrowhawk is the only remaining component left for the perfect Cat. But I'll happily take this news! Thanks Cobra!!!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

So wait, regular LANTIRN didn't have self-lasing capabilities or the masking avoidance curve display; This has both?

Is this just a LANTIRN pod, or is it a LANTIRN + LTS pod?

What you're seeing is the LTS pod.

LANTIRN as conceived and deployed was a two part system. The AN/AAQ-13 was a pod containing a terrain following radar and a FLIR for low level navigation at night or inclement weather. The AN/AAQ-14 was a targeting pod meant for use with LGBs and the Maverick. The system was intended to give F-15Es and F-16Cs enhanced low level and PGM capability

The F-14 uses a variant of the AAQ-14 called the LANTIRN Targeting System (LTS). The LTS includes a integral GPS assisted IMU which allows it to accurately determine it's position in space without relying on the F-14 (at least the A/Bs) relatively inaccurate navigation systems. To my knowledge the F-14 has never, nor was ever, equipped to use the AAQ-13 Navigation pod.