* DCS: F-14 Development Update! Scan, Lock, Fire! *

Cobra847

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, read all...I can easily say this is probably the most amazing "developing update" I have ever read. So much LOVE of the team can be felt and the detail on EVERYTHING from art to tech is simply out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:...so many new ideas, "active" way of thinking to make improvements where you think they should be make and a fearless attitude to make NEW things never done before is speechless for me at least. You are the kind of people that make things go further and advance and I really appreciate that!!!

I guess a 2017 release is out of the board but at least I can see why :)

Thanks a lot for your work, looking forward for the next update!!

Take a look at my MODS here

I need a medical assistance right now ! :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

This is so amazing Work , I cant believe whats coming to DCS !!

Reading this news update simply blew my Mind...

Seems we need to get a second virtual life to master the F14 finally :)

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Simply wow,

thanks for the look inside Nicholas and the whole Team.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fantastic update thanks Heatblur!

Although I have noticed a bit of a problem.... I'm afraid the radar screen is modelled incorrectly

Below you can see a screenshot of the radar from the documentary movie Top Gun from the 1980s, it clearly shows that the Tomcat radar has 360 degree sweep!

top-gun-mig-5-radar-010_1200528943.jpg

:thumbup:

Keep up the great work guys! We can't wait to get our hands on this!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

jaw.gif

Holy cow!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Oh my, that Rio will be the best thing in a long a time. It will add so much to the atmosphere!

ALSO! Any plans for Scarlet Johansson DLC voice pack? :D

• Like 1

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Awesome work Heatblur, can't wait to fly the Tomcat.

Really looking forward to seeing the JESTER RIO too, I'll need to pick up an Oculus for the ultimate immersion :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Member of AEF | 161 SQN

3D Modeler, Texture Artist, Designer, Flight Simmer:joystick:

Check out my liveries :http://www.jrolfedesign.com/texture.html

PC Specs:i7 3770k @ 4.3Ghz, EVGA GTX1080ti Black Edition, 16GB Adata XPG 2133Mhz, 1x 128GB SSD [OS and work programs], 1x 240GB SSD [DCS World install], 1x 2TB HDD [Data and games], 1x 500GB HDD [Video recording], VKB Gladiator Joystick

Awesome work Heatblur, can't wait to fly the Tomcat.

Really looking forward to seeing the JESTER RIO too, I'll need to pick up an Oculus for the ultimate immersion :D

Yes. I can't recommend it enough.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

The computer automatically locks it into 20 degrees 4 bar or 40 degrees 2 bar.

If the controls are set to anything other than 40 degrees it defaults to 20 degrees / 4 bar.

If 40 degrees are set it selects 40 degrees / 2 bar.

Thanks for that info! :thumbup:

That brings a whole new light to some of the counter AWG-9 tactics i've read about!

I guess a 2017 release is out of the board but at least I can see why :)

Thanks a lot for your work, looking forward for the next update!!

Yeah, i think we all new that the moment the AV-8 got announced. Well....no matter, i know what my next purchase is going to be.... irrelevant of when it comes along :music_whistling::smilewink:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache