** UPDATE: F-14 Flight Model - Episode I - "The Basics" **

Cobra847

Hey everyone,

Enjoy this first episodic highlight of the DCS: F-14 flight model.

We've spent countless hours researching, digitizing and developing this FM - and we truly believe it will stand as one of the best and most accurate in DCS World.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

** UPDATE: F-14 Flight Model - Episode I - "The Basics" **

I have an unusual desire to strip down, oil up, and go play some volleyball.

Edit: Dont forget these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!!!! Also, all the rattling in the cockpit during buffeting sounds super nice! :thumbup:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Awesome! Thanks for posting, Cobra!

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Nice! :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

every kid that grew up in the 80's as a flight fan wet dream in a 3.39 minute video

you guys are doing an amazing job can't wait for this,

feel like jumping into fleet defender to get some practice :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

main-qimg-f1c2f6c3dfe69032c7e3b8e8e8ebec00

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I chuckled with the thrust asymmetry = flat spin = heading out to sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Looks great ?

I am a "bit" pessimistic.

Unfortunately I do not know how the F-14 flies in real life as many others.

I (we) will need to believe in you guys and in the illusion what we will get as a filght model but for God sake:

30 months gone by since we saw the first pics of the "upcoming" Tomcat 3D model and still no textures? (I know what "placeholder" and WIP means but this is crazy)

Nozzles look still wrong and inaccurate, plus would have been better to not "put on" those AIM-7s and AIM-9s. Incorrect positions and rotations. Just like a noob modder do.

Pain to my eyes. :cry:

Again: I am a "bit" pessimistic. How will this module and its flight model "one of the best and most accurate in DCS World" if the visual things that are visible to everybody do not fit ??? :(

May the THRUST be with you

Plagi_Arism, I think you answered your question - it's WIP.

I believe that most internal development builds leave the textures for last, because they really have no effect on FM, or internal aircraft component development.

Besides, Nick and team Heatblur are relentless when it comes to pursue of perfection. I wouldn't worry one bit.

Looks great ?

I am a "bit" pessimistic.

Unfortunately I do not know how the F-14 flies in real life as many others.

I (we) will need to believe in you guys and in the illusion what we will get as a filght model but for God sake:

30 months gone by since we saw the first pics of the "upcoming" Tomcat 3D model and still no textures? (I know what "placeholder" and WIP means but this is crazy)

Nozzles look still wrong and inaccurate, plus would have been better to not "put on" those AIM-7s and AIM-9s. Incorrect positions and rotations. Just like a noob modder do.

Pain to my eyes. :cry:

Again: I am a "bit" pessimistic. How will this module and its flight model "one of the best and most accurate in DCS World" if the visual things that are visible to everybody do not fit ??? :(

The art team has been busy building an entire AJS37 Viggen in those 30 months while the programming team toils away at the FM and systems of the F-14.

I'm very confident that you will not be disappointed once the placeholder assets are removed.

The F-14 will be heads and shoulders above the Viggen.

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/