**Announcement: DCS: F-14 OST Album by Meteor!**

Cobra847

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out his album Parallel Lives. One of my new favorite synthwave albums. (Been listening to a lot of synthwave for the past year or so). Here it is on the official channel:

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

It would be great to have an option in the Misc. page in the Setting to be able to change the main manual background music to be one of the various tracks in this album, if it's not too complicated to implement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

Check out his album Parallel Lives. One of my new favorite synthwave albums. (Been listening to a lot of synthwave for the past year or so). Here it is on the official channel:

'Destroyer' and 'Hunter of Lost Souls' will be additional bonus tracks on the DCS: F-14 album I think. :)

Are these tracks going to be defaulted in the TomWalkman?

Yep :D

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Destroyer is such a cool name for a song.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Sounds great! :pilotfly:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Top gun fire at will from woman

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

imo BST's F5 theme would have been far more fitting as the F14 theme

This 80s type soundtrack sounds alot more like something from Hotline Miami than that of Top Gun.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

This 80s type soundtrack sounds alot more like something from Hotline Miami than that of Top Gun.

Despite Top Gun being my favorite movie of all time, I would not pit it as the quintessence of the F-14.

You are not remembering the Top Gun soundtrack correctly. :)

Top Gun had both the 80s rock tunes that we all know well (Dangerzone, Mighty Wings, Stranger Eyes, etc.) - as well as synth heavy tracks. We will have a similar mix.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Top Gun had both the 80s rock tunes that we all know well (Dangerzone, Mighty Wings, Stranger Eyes, etc.) - as well as synth heavy tracks. We will have a similar mix.

Love those tracks been converting all Top Gun music I can find into WAV format waiting for the Tomcat.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Soundtrack ? i said theme. as in main menu theme. Please Dont spin my words.

I remember the TOp guns main theme quite well thank you.

ill only repeat.

F5 theme was far more top gun sounding of the Main theme and would have been even more fitting for the F14.

heres a return "reminder" of the Theme:

or the Danger zone

Similar how INdiana JOnes or 007 Series had a full soundtrack of various Scores of music but those respective films had thier Primary Theme, without them would not have the same sort of identity.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Soundtrack ? i said theme. as in main menu theme. Please Dont spin my words.

I remember the TOp guns main theme quite well thank you.

ill only repeat.

F5 theme was far more top gun sounding of the Main theme and would have been even more fitting for the F14.

heres a return "reminder" of the Theme:

or the Danger zone

Similar how INdiana JOnes or 007 Series had a full soundtrack of various Scores of music but those respective films had thier Primary Theme, without them would not have the same sort of identity.

I don't follow. You haven't actually heard the DCS: F-14 main theme yet? You've heard one song off the entire album. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

I don't follow. You haven't actually heard the DCS: F-14 main theme yet? You've heard one song off the entire album. :)

Can't say for sure, but I believe he is simply saying that the main menu theme music that Belsimtek used on the F-5 is way more suited to the F-14. I don't think he's saying it's better than whatever you guys have chose/are choosing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can imagine there'll be a Sony Walkman rattling around in the pit somewhere :D rolls inverted and said tape player / unwound cassette & pencil fall onto the canopy, rolls back verted gets smacked in face by tape player and induces 30 second blackout :lol:

@bc3660

replace both the .ogg files for each aircrft here DCS World\Mods\aircraft\(aircraft of choice)\Sounds\EditorMusic

or here for the default - DCS World\Sounds\EditorMusic

note they will be replaced at each update unless you create them as a mod and use a mod manager like OvGME

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5