DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

I literally can't wait anymore...

Watching the Black Sheep show over and over again ... Damn those planes are so hot ! Particularly the -4 with it's huge four bladed and different cowl.

I'm forced to launch up the good ole' Pacific Fighters to full fill my needs ahah, can't wait you guys bring teh Corsair and its environment to 2016 level in that Leading Edge platform that is DCS World ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

LOL @ hueyman....Been watching ba ba blacksheep on my gbox to..AWWW i can almost smell the exhaust when they spark up them engines..

Never seen this series, just watching the first episode now, love the bull terrier dog I had one when I was a teenager, great dogs :)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 2 weeks later...

A great marketing approach. Develop the -1D first. Sell for $49.99. Then, 6 months later, offer a -4 upgrade for $29.99... :music_whistling:;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Not our style. :)

For the record, I'll buy them both my friend! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

A great marketing approach. Develop the -1D first. Sell for $49.99. Then, 6 months later, offer a -4 upgrade for $29.99... :music_whistling:;)

Not our style. :)

A great marketing approach. Develop the -1D first. Sell for $49.99. Then, 2 weeks™ later, offer a -4 upgrade for $29.99...

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

• 4 weeks later...

Is the F4U-1 torpedo capable?

Don't know much about F4U-1, but I hope the one we're getting can launch torpedo's, it will be the 1:st in DCS!

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Hope we'll see a -4 variant after the F4U-1D ...

jUm49jw.jpg

That looked like the caucasus map in that picture. And just for a second, or two. I thought LNS may have posted a screen shot :joystick:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anything US navy I will buy. I love WWII carrier ops, especially torpedo bombers. I hope one day we can relive battle of midway in DCS.

I agree, I bought a new computer to be able to fly the A-10C.

But since I found them I spend more time in the A-7 Corsair and George Bush Carrier mods.

Carrier Ops rock my world!

Anything US navy I will buy. I love WWII carrier ops, especially torpedo bombers. I hope one day we can relive battle of midway in DCS. :thumbup:

I hope you mean re-enact, but yes a pacific map and plane-set would be great.

Edited by Rangi

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

• 3 weeks later...

I am super excited by the prospect of the Corsair and Tomcat, even started collecting Tomcat screenshots.

Looking forward to both. :thumbup::thumbup:(Just wanted to say my bit in the LNS forum.)

F14 by choice, F18 by mandate.

Peace the old fashioned way.

exactly, back on topic.. :);):thumbup:

http://www.airvectors.net/avf4u.html

I really enjoyed reading that article! Thanks for posting. However, despite the minor confusion over canopies :doh: the author did make an error about the Corsair's first combat off of a carrier. He writes that, "FAA Corsairs performed their first combat action on 3 April 1944, with Number 1834 Squadron flying from the HMS VICTORIOUS to help provide cover for a strike on the German super-battleship TIRPITZ in a Norwegian fjord. This was apparently the first combat operation of the Corsair off of an aircraft carrier."

VF-17 participated in the Battle of the Solomon Sea on 1 November '43 where they provided CAP for the carriers Essex, Independence and Bunker Hill while their embarked air groups attacked Rabaul. In the course of that mission the entire VF-17 contingent recovered aboard the carrier (without incident) to rearm and refuel and then were launched again to intercept a large inbound raid of which they accounted for 18.5 kills. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i just hope we get 2 version. F4u1D

and the f4u4, which im more interested in because fits into both ww2 and the korean war.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD