DCS WWII Rewards

Wags

• ED Team

If you can prove they did it on purpose... go for it. But you have to prove this was their plan, and how they have now benefited from their scam that you claimed they pulled off... get real.

If you continue with these groundless accusations against anyone, RRG, ED, anyone... I will just have to start deleting the posts, you have no basis for these, and this isnt the place to try and drum up a case... I am not trying to hide anything, but that is pure fact in this situation.

You are accusing someone without proof of an act of fraud... not the place for it.

It was absolutely marketed under false pretenses. From a definitive standpoint, RRG has bait and switched its backers. A product was offered, and it is not being delivered in whole.

I would also like to say that Kickstarter has contracts that hold the campaign starter to their promises, this whole "ah well its Kickstarter, fraud is okay there" is not true.

From their website:

I'm not saying ED is somehow a part of it, but I also have no proof that they aren't. It is entirely feasible that someone could take advantage of this situation. Granted that is all speculative, but it is a justifiable speculation. I don't know anyone in ED personally, and I have no inner knowledge of your business or marketing... therefor in my mind the possibility exists.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DO you mean partly the 198 that pledged a dollar?

Obviously. Everybody that paid less than $20 and were promised three planes and now get nothing at all. And like I said in one of my previous messages, it is not really about money, I am sure that the $10 or $1 is not so critical amount for these backers, just like it means nothing financially for ED to give these backers the P-51 keys for example. It is more a matter of principle. And also a poorly handled marketing/business case by ED in my opinion, like I explained before.

(...)

You need to distinguish the relations BACKER <-> RRG, ED <-> RRG and ED <-> BACKER

• BACKER give money to RRG, RRG can not deliver, probably you could now take legal actions against RRG.
  • ED and RRG may have - or may not have - made agreements for which party is to compensated how for which work they had already done. If ED got out of this with a + or with a -, we don't know (and it is not our business, tbh).
  • ED offers the former BACKERs products

Each of these points is independend of each other as there are different legal entities involved.

I'm not saying ED is somehow a part of it, but I also have no proof that they aren't. It is entirely feasible that someone could take advantage of this situation. Granted that is all speculative, but it is a justifiable speculation. I don't know anyone in ED personally, and I have no inner knowledge of your business or marketing... therefor in my mind the possibility exists.

"no proof", "could", "speculative", "no inner knowledge", "a possibility exists" ....

... you, Sir, are nothing but a TROLL.

Edited by Flagrum
  • Like 1

• ED Team
If you start deleting my posts I'll start posting these to my channel, informing everyone of what you are doing. I am not breaking any forum rules, this is not trolling, this is a legitimate discussion.

You are actively trying to censor me right now. There is a difference between accusing and speculating. I am allowed to speculate. If you do not let me discuss this here, I will elevate this to a more public setting.

You are not allowed to accuse anyone of anything on these forums, its a form of attack... so go ahead and do it somewhere else.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If you do not let me discuss this here, I will elevate this to a more public setting.

When you do, be very, very careful with your choice of words. The line between speculation and accusation can be very thin.

EDIT: Another fine line is the one between free speech and libel (assuming a YouTube comment is consider printed/published).

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you do not let me discuss this here, I will elevate this to a more public setting.

Indeed, please take this someplace else so we can get back to more productive discussions. :music_whistling:

If you start deleting my posts I'll start posting these to my channel, informing everyone of what you are doing. I am not breaking any forum rules, this is not trolling, this is a legitimate discussion.

You are actively trying to censor me right now. There is a difference between accusing and speculating. I am allowed to speculate. If you do not let me discuss this here, I will elevate this to a more public setting.

Edit: SiThSpAwN has deleted some of my posts. I will be saving these HTML pages for reference if needed.

Dude, you are about to overstretch it ... BIG TIME.

Ok guys, back on topic, which is the reward structure, this isnt a legal forum.

Yes.

About the hat...

Can it be the Flying Legends one? Seems appropriate. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd like one of those :)

See, it's a good choice.

The kick starter project was misguided. It was organised by RRG who have now disbanded. I completely get why ED have explained that its not financially possible to provide the rewards structure as it was. I pledged to get all flyables and since that time I'm no longer going to get all flyables I shall get 3. I have no problem with this as it still represents value for money. I didn't like that we were going to be told what flyables we are to have and like many others I expressed an opinion about this. ED did the right thing like I thought they would and apologised and changed this. I do not see how we can label RRGs reward structure fiasco with ED. I accept that ED had associated themselves with RRG and they feel a responsibility to provide backers with a product, which I feel they have done. The other alternative like many have said would have been for ED to wipe their hands of the project which would have left many people angry and if like me extremely dissapointed about not seeing the most realistic WW2 flight simulator ever created. I really think its time to draw a line under this as its going round in circles. If not maybe this thread should be closed.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

This thread started out so nicely. Well, at least I got some laffs.

At this point I'd like to reiterate how much I appreciate ED's willingness to fix the RRG fiasco. I also think it's worth pointing out that most of the agitation and noise is coming from a very vocal, very small minority. This thread should serve as an object lesson in (ir)responsible posting and how easy it is to poison the well.

Big ups to sIth for not losing his marbles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear ED, thanks for this update #2. Thank for the listening of the backers.

$50 for 2 high quality planes, the beta access and the Normandy Map is a very good price. :thumbsup:

This game will be awesome. I will purchase every other modules to support you, and for me of course.

Do you know the release date of the Me.262A1?

And backers with a $1-$10 pledge, are not here for backing the game. icon_e_wink.gif You know what i mean.

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

Guys, on the $1-$19 range, I have requested ED review that, and advise if their is anything else they can do, I listed a few suggestions from you guys, and they will review and get back to us if there is something they can do.

Well done, I applaude that!

I hope ED really looks into it and decides to correct that part, then they can really say that they have provided something to all the backers that have helped to make this project happen.

And I really do believe that it would be a good business decision for ED as well.

I asked a little bit more about Alpha, and the answer I got is that it MAY still happen... that is MAY... as in not for sure... they dont want to list it right now if they have to pull it later because the technically cant pull it off.

Fingers crossed :)

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]