Colours, Bloom & Sun all messed up in multi-monitor set-up.

MadTommy

From this post (Bloom out of control..) thread it has become clear the issue actually lies in multi-monitor set-ups.

Please see images below:

Single monitor bloom: (100% stock game files)

singlemonitorbloom.jpg

Single monitor sun: (100% stock game files)

singlemonitorsun.jpg

Multi-monitor bloom: (multi-monitor is the only tweak/mod)

multimonitorbloom.jpg

Multi-monitor sun: (multi-monitor is the only tweak/mod)

multimonitorsun.jpg

As far as i'm aware there is nothing wrong with my multi-monitor luas, they all work fine. And have done for years, I did write the guide on multi-monitor set-ups several years ago. I'm pretty confident in my settings. I don't believe my lua is really relevant.

I would however be very interested to see if the issue highlighted above are also present for people who use the stock 3 screen set-ups that comes with the game. As ED have proved to be reluctant to support custom multi-monitor set-ups in the past, if the official set-ups are also affected they might act on this.

The issue might be that only 1/2 of my total width resolution is used to render the cockpit / world and the other half is used to render the displays. (2 monitor set-up). I suspect multi-monitor set-ups that use 100% resolution to display the cockpit/world may not suffer this issue. (when i have some time i'll have to test this)

Cheers.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

As i suspected.. it is not the multi-monitor setup itself.. its when the resolution set in options does not match the resolution used to to render the 'center' viewport.

This means the whole multi monitor system is broken.

ED please look at this.. these issues have been going on far too long now. It would seem to be a pretty simple fix.. everything needs to align from the resolution set in by the 'center' viewport, not by the total resolution set in options.

These show 3360x1050 resolution working, where center viewport = screen.width, any other setting and it breaks. (the broken ones above for example center viewport = half screen.width)

2monsbloom.jpg

2monssun.jpg

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

Some kind of response from a team member would be greatly appreciated on this subject; reported, being looked into, on the to do list, fixed in 1.2.4

Anything?

i think i know why i dont have this issue, I setup my display LUA as one giant viewport instead of 3.

Looks the same (as i adjusted FoV), but less of a FpS hit :p, and no super bloom.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

i think i know why i dont have this issue, I setup my display LUA as one giant viewport instead of 3.

Looks the same (as i adjusted FoV), but less of a FpS hit :p, and no super bloom.

Yes, this is why, the whole multi monitor setup when there are more than 1 viewport used is broken with HDR effect (which includes bloom effect also) and few other things (clouds, shallow water, NVG's and some MP menu items, and I might have forgotted 1-2 more). Actually to be more precise, the bug is there if in game resolution does not match center viewport, any difference in those and bug is noticeable.

There is bug in ED database already about it but developers have not started fixing this yet, I believe this is because they work on things/bugs as per their priorities, and unfortunately multi-monitor setups are not priorities yet (for 1.2.3 their priority was MP stability, crashes things like that). I am sure they will get to it eventually just don't know when. Believe me, I am hoping for this fix as much as you do.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

There is bug in ED database already about it but developers have not started fixing this yet, I believe this is because they work on things/bugs as per their priorities, and unfortunately multi-monitor setups are not priorities yet (for 1.2.3 their priority was MP stability, crashes things like that). I am sure they will get to it eventually just don't know when. Believe me, I am hoping for this fix as much as you do.

Thanks Kuky, it's great to know the state of play.

I hope we are not waiting another 2 years for this to be addressed!

• 1 month later...

Anyone made any progress on this ? where the issue seems to reflect around 'center viewport = screen.width' ?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1693233&postcount=2

I'd so love to get HDR Bloom and Sun Bloom working properly on my multi-monitor setup.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My guess is the devs are working on EDGE. I expect this issue to be fixed when DCS World 2.0 comes around, well at least not before then...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

• 1 month later...