Will Jester made Communication allways easy comm?

Larkis

I read a little bit what the RIo in the F14 have to do. And i read that the RIO is responsible for all Communication outside of the plane.

So Jester is supposed to change frequencies, and talk to Tower, Tanker ect. ect.

For me it sounds like flying with Jester is allways like flying with easy comm on? So you say Jester over intercom what you want to do and he do it for you? :huh:

Well hey you have a radio operator right. :)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

The 14 has two radios, one is controlled by the pilot the other by the RIO.

Usually the RIO coordinates with the controllers, AWACS and other theater assets. While the pilot has the other radio of intraflight stuff.

So in theroty you should have one normal radio and one "easy comms" radio (unless you have a human RIO)

The comms in DCS are really not up to par to the rest of the simulation. I hardly even bother with the radios, except for AWACS calls, so yeah I wouldn't expect much from the Jester in this regard.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The comms in DCS are really not up to par to the rest of the simulation. I hardly even bother with the radios, except for AWACS calls, so yeah I wouldn't expect much from the Jester in this regard.

True for instant missions and airquake, maybe true for simpler campaigns and missions, absolutely untrue for well-made campaigns like baltic_dragon's. There probably will be some kind of interfacing where you can tell JESTER to push button X or dial in the frequency yourself.

I hope there will be some automated calls though - much like proximity triggers take-off or landing clearance messages from the tower, it would be great if JESTER could request those and call the ball with the proper state.