Tomcat landing tutorial video.

Stratos

Case I landing tutorial

Great vid. My guess is that the Cat will make Case 1 in the Hornet feel positively easy by comparison. Cannot wait for this bird. Most of my time will just be in a mission with my F14, one CV, one tanker, and nothing else.

with more than twice the weight and double the spooling time on the engines its going to be a hands full....

Nah....the F110's spool up times are thoroughly modern and quite responsive. The Tomcat also has a lot more lift than the Hornet, so its approach speeds tend to be a bit slower too.

With the addition of DLC (especially the newer DLC in the F-14B), getting the Tomcat aboard is not much harder than the Hornet. Line-up corrections are tougher, but maintaining the glideslope may be slightly easier than the Hornet with the use of DLC.

The F-14A's engines are laggier and the DLC less effective....so that model will be harder than the F-14B.

-Nick

if i didin't see wrong, i saw a plane had refueling basket rigth side of it!

and, some horrible landings! catching the cable before touchdonw!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

if i didn't see wrong, i saw a plane had refueling basket right side of it!

98% of the community when the new AAR system comes in...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

and, some horrible landings! catching the cable before touchdonw!

If I am not mistaken, and reading the account of the actual pilot on that flight, they were sinking and instructed to 'wave off' (You can hear the LSO in the footage) and were in the process of going around with full power applied (you see the aircraft starting to rise)....but caught a wire anyway. Goes to show how solid those birds were - apparently it needed no maintenance after that either! :shocking:

Kinda funny thou: LSO - "Wave off Wave off".... F-14 - "Nah I got this bro"

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nah....the F110's spool up times are thoroughly modern and quite responsive. The Tomcat also has a lot more lift than the Hornet, so its approach speeds tend to be a bit slower too.

With the addition of DLC (especially the newer DLC in the F-14B), getting the Tomcat aboard is not much harder than the Hornet. Line-up corrections are tougher, but maintaining the glideslope may be slightly easier than the Hornet with the use of DLC.

The F-14A's engines are laggier and the DLC less effective....so that model will be harder than the F-14B.

-Nick

The B will be a nice transition aircraft, but when the A is out, that will be my go-to ride :pilotfly:

-Nick

Bah! The 110's will spoil the children for when the "real man's" bird comes around!!! :joystick::thumbup::megalol:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

wing spoilers = proverse yaw = no problem

:thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]