Considering forming an F-14 Squadron if there is any interest

punk

Since we all anticipate the arrival of our favorite bird, I was thinking about starting the process of forming a squadron and perhaps having it expand to a carrier air wing over time if there is enough interest.

I am new to DCS world, my experience with flight sims and squads comes from AH II, so I hope to draw upon other fellow noobs and some experienced hands to help make the process easier and therefore a bit funner.

While I love VF-142, I am more inclined to go with my second favorite, VF-103 Sluggers, prior to the Jolly Rogers era folks. I like the composition of Carrier Group 6 with CVW-17 and will fit the Saratoga timeline for the F-14B and it's scenario.

If there is anyone else interested, hit me up and we can get the ball rolling barring any conflicting interests or prior claims. I know there is an F-18 group using VFA-103 Jolly Rogers, but I was unable to find a link on their web page to send them a message and discuss it. They are far enough separated to me to not be much of an issue I think. Thanks.

<Salute>

Punk

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I think they are rocking the VFA-103 till the tomcat drops then going VF, here is the link to there site .

https://www.vnaojollyrogers.com/

Here is a link to the DCS squadron directory of who has what

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205231

Edited by HawkeyeHHDF

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

F-14 with human RIO would be fantastic, if I can find the time; I do not mind circuit bashing down an airframe and exploring all aspects of a new frame. Though for me it can tend to be all-or-nothing. I fly GA civi' in my spare time.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

At Carrier Strike Group One the VF-2 Bounty Hunters will have crews. It's going to be great to see other Tomcat units up in the sky for either coop or competition.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

I am very interested, though I am a DCS noob and will need a LOT of work to be flight ready in any competitive way.

I have most modules, but only feel even vaguely competent in the F-5, WWII warbirds and the Korean jets.

I am a hot mess in the more modern jets, but am 100% dedicated to learning everything about the F-14...even if I am never great with it.

For reference, I ran VT-13 in IL-2 1946 back in the day. It was a TBF/TBM torpedo bombing squadron on the Warbirds server. Not nearly as involved as this, but it was a blast.

Edited by Whirlaway

Hey, Punk, as a reference to your handle here, why don't you borrow a fictional squadron name from Ward Carroll and use VF-104, the Arrowslingers?

Yeah, I thought about it Swordsman :) But then I would have to find a RIO named Spud and think about how he got his handle :(

I talked to the Jolly Rogers and we will not have any problems going with the Sluggers if we push forward. They plan on using VF-84 for their F-14 forays.

The Arrowslingers was one of my two backup plans though.

<Salute>

Punk

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since we all anticipate the arrival of our favorite bird, I was thinking about starting the process of forming a squadron and perhaps having it expand to a carrier air wing over time if there is enough interest.

<Salute>

Punk

You may want to check this thread:

Plenty of Squads already formed up, so I guess there sure is some interest :)

The Sluggers would pair well with us, having just Sparrows and dumb bombs we run the Sara tag as well.

ZzckbPo.jpg

Cheers and good luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Sluggers would pair well with us, having just Sparrows and dumb bombs we run the Sara tag as well.

ZzckbPo.jpg

Cheers and good luck.

Having someone do a proper Sluggers group would be really sierra hotel!

I love the Sluggers, waaaay underrated and did some no-shit serious work back in the 80's in Libya.

Cheers and good luck.

Thanks , if we are able to form up enough interest we would definitely love hooking up with you and your sister squadron from CVW-17, VFA-83 Rampagers, and do joint ops.

Maybe we all could eventually form Carrier Group Six properly or something down the line if everyone gets along. We have a couple chopper guys who are interested in CSAR and Guard missions among other things and if enough interest is garnered we can activate VF-74 Be-Devilers.

<Salute>

Punk

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah yes...good ol VF-74...I hear they really deserved the nickname Bed-evilers though...

Lol, yeah, that's about right I guess. But they get the camo bird if they like I guess. Not sure how they were used in the fleet, whether they were just training scenarios ashore or what.

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn, i envy you guys....wish i didn't live at the cloaca of Europe.... i would have jumped right in otherwise.... :(

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Damn, i envy you guys....wish i didn't live at the cloaca of Europe.... i would have jumped right in otherwise.... :(

Well, if you wash your hands you will always be welcome to join along officially or unofficially at anytime! :)

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, if you wash your hands you will always be welcome to join along officially or unofficially at anytime! :)

I'd like that. The time difference might be an issue though. I'm 6 hours away from the East Coast, and 9 from the West.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Hell yes! I love naval aviation and have been planting the f-5e on the deck of the Nimitz class for a bit now, love the tomcat and am interested to see how it performs compare to real life and in comparison to other aircraft given it's weapons capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...
I am very interested, though I am a DCS noob and will need a LOT of work to be flight ready in any competitive way.

Same here. Any updates Punk? I'm willing to help. Even if it stays small, I am looking forward for some fellow pilots/RIOs to fly with and learn the Tomcat. It'll be here before we know it! :thumbup:

Bandit dead ahead

*Pop up at 9 o'clock*

Clever Girl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
If I may ask, where exactly is that? :)

Internet etiquette 101, you may not.

Sufficient to say, it's a kind of country in which when you enter a hardware shop and as for a joystick, they give you an X-Box controller or a gaming pad. If you try and pretend to be a wise*** and ask for a HOTAS, they just give you the blank look....... :doh: