F-14 May Development Update -- Campaigns & Content!

Cobra847

Come on Heatblur , give us somehing at least one picture per month..is so hard to do it? If I remember right you promise us some videos at the end of may .

Literally from the first post of this thread, from 5th May 2018:

Dear All,

Since our last development update, the team has been working hard towards the completion of the final items that we listed in our March update. We're making strong progress on all of these, and we're doing our utmost to try and complete as many high quality features for the F-14 as we possibly can. Later today, the team will be meeting to plan the last major push in features and development tasks required for Early Access release. There may be some quiet in the next month or two as we hunker down and crunch hard - but we won't rest until we are satisfied, so take it as busy silence in preparation for the coming rise of the phoenix.

It's hard, but give them the time they need. :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally from the first post of this thread, from 5th May 2018:

It's hard, but give them the time they need. :thumbup:

But. It's. Sooooooo. Hard! LOL

F18 is pretty awesome, but I too CANNOT wait for the F14. I already pre-paid for it, so I even get some kind of a rebate.

And all joking aside, no issues with HB folks putting going into headsdown mode to get it out the door. Can't wait for it. :joystick:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

But. It's. Sooooooo. Hard! LOL

F18 is pretty awesome, but I too CANNOT wait for the F14. I already pre-paid for it, so I even get some kind of a rebate.

And all joking aside, no issues with HB folks putting going into headsdown mode to get it out the door. Can't wait for it. :joystick:

Where did you pre-order it at?

I've already become budist, it was that or have a seizure while i waited for HB updates. So now, i'm in a zen state of mind and i don´t care how long they take. Is not gonna be till late july or beggining of August as an optimistic launch date, this is what Cobra posted on April 1st update:

"We presently believe that the next 90 days will see most, if not all, of these major and minor items to be resolved, leaving us within touching distance of launching. "

So, three months from then. And during the last update they said they'd keep silent for a month or two. So...there you go. Sit back, and relax. We are close anyway.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

I'm more excited that they aren't posting updates right now, because it means we are closing in on a preorder announcement. My guess is we will have EA by the end of summer or early Fall. Gives us enough time for the Hornet shininess to wear off so that we have our full attention to give to the best plane ever made.

He didn't. He bought credit on HB's store.

Yup, prepaid vs pre-ordered. It was some type of a credit that can be applied to the F14.

…..that's what she said<Michael Scott>

LOLOL. I guess I was asking for it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I'm more excited that they aren't posting updates right now, because it means we are closing in on a preorder announcement. My guess is we will have EA by the end of summer or early Fall. Gives us enough time for the Hornet shininess to wear off so that we have our full attention to give to the best plane ever made.

I have a feeling that they could release the Tomcat whenever they want into EA, its just that the whole situation with the F18C came up, so decided to hunker down and get some more things in.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I have a feeling that they could release the Tomcat whenever they want into EA, its just that the whole situation with the F18C came up, so decided to hunker down and get some more things in.

You may be right. Please please a pilot body for 1st person view and working cockpit mirrors or mirrors that can be folded away.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

If that's ok I'm 100% ok with that. Personally I'd much rather have a complete product that's good to go over early access silliness.

• 1 year later...