** UPDATE: F-14 Flight Model - Episode I - "The Basics" **

Cobra847

Yep for war it was way better than the press it got, good Radar, great RWR and Link 16 , a good friend came back from the marine F18 exchange and his comment was loved the Aircraft but would rather go to war in an F3. Oh and it was the fastest thing out there after the F111 retired. The bad under powered ( tho all Pilots say that ), gen 3.5 maneuverability, it will kill an F4 in a straight turning fight but against an F15 ,16,18 you get one shot on him if he doesnt realise how quickly an F3 can bleed energy. So we would never enter a fight without advantage and thanks to its sensors and 2 seats thats not as hard as it sounds. Really looking forward to the F14 as its basically the same role as I did and as I mentioned previously it sounds like Heatblur are doing it right. We are already putting SOP's together and constituting crews on the 16AGR so I just wish they would hurry up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your experiences

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

..... and Link 16 ,

oooh fancy - my entire time on the P-3 we struggled away with Link 11....that we could never get working properly! But TBH before I left I don't think we were having that much luck with the move to 16 either lol. But by all accounts it would have been the bees knees.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea Link 16 was great infortunately I left before the F3 got Asraam and Amraam , now dont get me wrong I hate Aim120 but irl I would always have taken it if it had been available, I was on the receiving end of a few in Red Flag. In DCS if they got rid of ED's version of "Aim120" I would be happy I am a pilot and I like to fly I want to end up in a visual merge 50% of the time. Hopefully we have the link on the F14. Especially seeing as the SU27 has a semi decent version.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

• 1 year later...

It is stickied because it was a major update from the dev that people routinely go back to reference. I don't want to search all night for the video or post I remember about a particular aspect of the devs work. These stickied posts remain as good resources despite the conversations having ended.

If you want a non-navigable, continuous stream of consciousness feed, I suggest Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. I hear those are all the rage these days.

I will throw my hat in the ring to say that as someone who came into the DCS partway through the development proccess of the Tomcat, having all of these stikied and seperated with titles and attatched dates was invaluable in helping me dig through literally years of progress reports and updates. Not that I necessarily disagree with the criticisms, just listing an upside.