FC3 Changes - 11 November 2012

Wags

I which they would stop making BETA's available. Makes people keep whining over and over again.

What an irony. As I noted in my previous posts, people who complain about other people "whining" are actually the ones using that word so often on these forums and the ones who actually do.

Once I've proven you wrong (after you accused me of making things up), now you call me a whiner..Instead, maybe you should just bow down, shake hands and accept you were wrong?

You should try it some times.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I don't see any reason to bow since i still feel that i was right.

It's not because it wasn't updated in this version that it is not going to be updated in a next update, hence i don't see any reason to re-ask for it again simply because it wasn't updated in this update + i was pointing to the post that Wags made just above your question, nothing else. Just have some patience dude, you might get what you want in the end.

But i'll shake hands, no problem with that...;)

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Should Wags have said "improved take off and landing flight dynamics but that might not make it until the final product?" Yes, the question mark too just to be sure ED are not sure. Haven't we been through enough ED's beta products to know that some mentioned features might not make it until final? Like the WEP in P-51D...

This is why this is all we ever get around here: "next DCS jet will be U.S. fighter". I love it.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Yeah i wondered about that one too (but i ain't complaining).

But then PC games in general are quit a bit lower priced then their console counterpart, regarding on what platform. Always wondered why...?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I've read some YouTube comments... Yeah... You really shot your own foot by leaving that ugly-ass Su-27 model :) So much work done under the hood plus DCS World improvements and the model left to hurt the first impression = often overall perception. Don't you have a PR guy to tell you this? Anyway, I've pointed to FC3 feature list in few of my comments.

As a player "not in the field anymore" I can tell that FC3 makes a good impression. Although the sky color is still extraterrestial, I can clearly see the progress and FC3 value, even without the F-15 C cockpit.

But then PC games in general are quit a bit lower priced then their console counterpart, regarding on what platform. Always wondered why...?

Because console game prices includes a very large license fee, charged per copy, towards the console manufacturer. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo typically sell their consoles at a loss, and make the money back through license fees on the game sales.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

ok thanks and can you tell me if there online game and servers for this please,

FC3 operates as part of DCS World.

There is no such thing as an "FC3 server". It's all DCS World. Owning FC3 allows you to fly those aircraft, assuming the mission designers included said aircraft as flyables in the specific server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 1 month later...

EB Games (Aust.) still have copies of LOCKOn Platinum on the shelf for $15

Having just installed FC3, I must say how spoilt we have been with A10C clickable cockpit (the cc makes such a difference :) )

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Wags, can you please tell us the difference between FC3 announced few days ago from the FC3 discussed here? Is it the same product, just doesn't need FC and FC2 to operate? How if one is owner of both, is there any chance to get FC3 at lower price, since installing FC3 now requires FC and FC2 to be installed first....

or am I wrong?

thx

ps - that offfer of mine is still outstanding :)