DCS FC3 Questions & Answers Thread

Milene

If i buy Beta FC 3 for 40 USD,am i gonna get final FC3,ultimate for free?

Yes, yes and yes.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Where is the proper Lockon 3 bug report thread?

There is an entire sub-forum dedicated to it. Search the sub-forum and if the issue has not yet been reported, start a new thread and report the issue/bug in the manner requested.

Sub-Forum: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=39

How to report a problem: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=59946

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What is ultimate?

I assume "ultimate" in this case refers to the original tempus.

That is: not marketing, but the actual language itself meaning for the word; the release code, the "final" version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I assume "ultimate" in this case refers to the original tempus.

That is: not marketing, but the actual language itself meaning for the word; the release code, the "final" version.

which is higher than "pro"

The F-15C looks very nice! Is the F-15C the next DCS module? ;-)

next DCS will be Decepticon CH-53

Edited by Squid

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

Hey guys I have been playing fc3 since it was announced Thursday. Flying the F-15 has been great. Looking at the cockpit It looks very detailed and almost like the A-10c and black shark aircrafts. My question is what will we see in the future of the F-15, will it be similar to the quality of the A-10c because I can see us interact with the switches and buttons with the cursor just like the previous DCS titles. There are some minor issues like the no brakes axis and SFM but it's still in beta, I will be happy with just the F-15 using AFM.

Great job ED I appreciate all the hard work you guys do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34

Hey guys I have been playing fc3 since it was announced Thursday. Flying the F-15 has been great. Looking at the cockpit It looks very detailed and almost like the A-10c and black shark aircrafts. My question is what will we see in the future of the F-15, will it be similar to the quality of the A-10c because I can see us interact with the switches and buttons with the cursor just like the previous DCS titles. There are some minor issues like the no brakes axis and SFM but it's still in beta, I will be happy with just the F-15 using AFM.

Great job ED I appreciate all the hard work you guys do.

No new AFM for FC3 - this was never even hinted at as feature. SFM does not support Brake axis.

Nate

No new AFM for FC3 - this was never even hinted at as feature. SFM does not support Brake axis.

Nate

Well I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully ED will add that to the wishlist.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34

Well I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully ED will add that to the wishlist.

Not gonna happen, its already been said that would take way to long to do.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Quick question.........why do I need to buy Modern Air Combat to be able to play this new DCS module? To me this makes no sense other than just getting us to jump through hoops and spend more money. Is there a technical reason why we need to do this? I would have thought Flaming Cliffs 3 would be a standalone module. I bought LOMAC Gold years ago and it's probably somehwere in my loft now but now I have to either find it or buy LOMAC again JUST to be able to play Flaming Cliffs 3. Very, very annoying. I own BlackShark 2, A10C and P51 and love them all but if I have order a version of LOMAC and then wait for delivery of the Disc.....just seems daft in this day and age of downloadable content. It feels like I am being punished for not getting into sims earlier even though I am a loyal customer and fan of the DCS series.

Rgds,

Dan

Edited by Lynx1677

Quick question.........why do I need to buy Modern Air Combat to be able to play this new DCS module? To me this makes no sense other than just getting us to jump through hoops and spend more money. Is there a technical reason why we need to do this? I would have thought Flaming Cliffs 3 would be a standalone module. I bought LOMAC Gold years ago and it's probably somehwere in my loft now but now I have to either find it or buy LOMAC again JUST to be able to play Flaming Cliffs 3. Very, very annoying. I own BlackShark 2, A10C and P51 and love them all but if I have order a version of LOMAC and then wait for delivery of the Disc.....just seems daft in this day and age of downloadable content. It feels like I am being punished for not getting into sims earlier even though I am a loyal customer and fan of the DCS series.

Rgds,

Dan

Its only because of UBISOFT. Legal matter blaming solely UBISOFT (initial publisher of LOMAC)

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

UBI own the rights to the Lock On intellectual property. They have stipulated that ED build in the requirement for LOMAC in order for ED sell the FC3 addon.

Nate

That is a shame. Thanks for the information, I will vent my frustrations at Ubisoft *shakes fist. :)

Not sure, I noticed it as soon as I got fc3 and just put it down to a bug as its a beta... il feel silly now if this is the case, I didn't really think about that, new to the series and all. It was silent mind, no wind etc, is this correct??

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

If he's flying supersonic he should lose sound at the front of the plane, not the rear.

• Like 1

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"

Are you flying supersonic?

If he's flying supersonic he should lose sound at the front of the plane, not the rear.

Right, did a bit of testing, I was not flying supersonic, the sound simply dies when rotating 180 degrees or so in the external view. It also seems to alternate between front and rear depending on which item I'm viewing, the sound also cuts out while externally watching an ejector seat etc. Is this just me?

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]