DCS FC3 Questions & Answers Thread

Milene

See also:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=94757

Missiles seem unchanged from previous versions. Especially the loft issue.

I plan to do more testing, but now is not good time as I'm going to be in the middle of moving soon. I won't even be able to fly in DCSW next week.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I have never played Lock-On or Flaming Cliffs. I see a lot of information about what I can expect for the flight model, ground handling, and model and texture detail, but what can I expect with regards to the avionics of the F-15C in FC3?

DCS: A-10C is my only good frame of reference. I can honestly live without an AFM and all that stuff for now if it means I get to fly something resembling the F-15C. What are ultimately important to me are the operational procedures of the aircraft in a combat situation.

Will final release of FC3 feature campaign also for other flyable aircraft besides Eagle?

Ditto. I would also like to know the answer to this. If worst case, will I be able to at least copy over old campaign files from LOMAC, FC1, and FC2 and play them in FC3? Would it be as simple as a copy & paste? :huh:

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

FC3 is more simple on all fronts. You won't get a clickable cockpit or anywhere near the number of options that you have in the A-10.

With the F-15C it's basically nav mode/BVR mode/WVRmode(s), radar on/off, radar TWS/RWS, radar azimuth full/half, radar PRF select.

For reference, fly the free Su-25T in DCS World. That's the level of avionics that FC3 offers (though fighters add radar and a couple of other things).

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

So the rockets will be easy to turn on and lock a target ready to fire? A10C was too much of a pain to learn.

Also, I heard something about PRE-ORDERING gets the Nevada map for free?

Pre Ordering A-10C was how you got a Beta of the Nevada map. This is no longer available as A-10 is out of pre order.

Firing weapons in FC is easier to learn than A-10C yes. For example in the FC A-10A, when using AGM-65, there is no seeker allignment time and Mavericks are simply selected by switching weapons. You still need to slew Mavericks to a target though.

Fighter missiles are similar to Maverick use. You slew the radar to a target, lock it, and then fire when in range. You won't hit anything unless you know how to properly assess a situation though.

FC3 is more simple on all fronts. You won't get a clickable cockpit or anywhere near the number of options that you have in the A-10.

Just to double-check: so the new cockpit for the F-15C is not clickable? I knew the others were not but was hoping the new cockpit would be.

AN/AAQ-28 LITENING is loadable to A-10A but not functional.Will it be? Or ED will disable it?

AI A-10A can use it, players cannot. It was added to the aircraft payload when DCS A-10C was released.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I read that this expands the map into east Georgia. How does this work? Is it available yet? Are there screenshots? Will this be available for DCS World in general or is it restricted to owners of FC3? I do not see east Georgia missions ever gaining popularity if the map is not generally available.

I read that this expands the map into east Georgia. How does this work? Is it available yet? Are there screenshots? Will this be available for DCS World in general or is it restricted to owners of FC3? I do not see east Georgia missions ever gaining popularity if the map is not generally available.

This is what it means by that. It is the same terrain that was included with the release of A-10C. While this is nothing new for DCS, it is new compared to FC2. It is part of the base DCS World package so all modules can use it.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/series/warthog/?PAGEN_2=6#14599

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am using this and it works awesome.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1599315#post1599315

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

What about separate wheel brakes for left and right wheel, respectively, applied to axes on controllers (for instance toe brakes on Saitek Pro Flight Combat pedals)?

Probably not high on the priority list, but I've grown accustomed to toe brakes in A10C and I miss the feature when flying (or rather, taxiing) F15.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

The F-15C looks very nice! Is the F-15C the next DCS module? ;-)

It is officially stated NO, by Wags...what does not have to mean he tells the truth :P

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Ditto. I would also like to know the answer to this. If worst case, will I be able to at least copy over old campaign files from LOMAC, FC1, and FC2 and play them in FC3? Would it be as simple as a copy & paste? :huh:

Yes, there are very few missions in FC3. :(