Some details of FC3 AFM Missile Improvements

Wags

There are none AFAIK. Some made by users maybe.

Doy you guys know of any videos showcasing some of the changes? Or some descriptions supplementing what Wags has posted in the OP. I got out of touch...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to be very specific with your questions if it's reasonable answers you're after :)

I realize there's not many of such videos so I'll be happy with whatever you throw at me :) Try IR missiles spoofing and energy bleeding for starters. I'm interested in how missile combat looks nowadays in FC3. You may as well point me at someone who usually posts good FC3 combat vids.

• 3 months later...

Perhaps after EDGE is released we then see something substantial on this front. Im patiently waiting.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Perhaps after EDGE is released we then see something substantial on this front. Im patiently waiting.

I hope so. I feel the problem is not with the AFM of the missiles itself, but with the guidance that the missiles are basing their trajectories off of. Something just doesn't seem right when a missile burns most of its energy off as soon as the motor dies due to it pulling more G's than it should.

Edited by Zurich

I feel the problem is not with the AFM of the missiles itself,

It is.

but with the guidance that the missiles are basing their trajectories off of.

Kinda sorta in addition to other things.

Something just doesn't seem right when a missile burns most of its energy off as soon as the motor dies due to it pulling more G's than it should.

Maybe it's just the missile employment technique?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 4 months later...

I think this is an appropriate place to bring this up...but holy crap the AIM-9M/P are useless...they get easily spoofed by flares. Is the logic strict about tbe aspect? I was shooting at 9o clock position from the hind's POV in the quick start A-10A mission and holy crap...in the 5 times I did this mission recently...ONE hit out of 10-20 missiles (incl wingman). Is it a issue? realistic? or logic that means I need to be rear aspect when I shoot these for the highest probability? I have been shooting all over...front..right, left...but I think not the rear.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I know that P is rear aspect, but M didn't have an aspect specified in the encyclopedia or I missed it. I chose M and used those.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• 3 months later...

@GGTharos

with last patch, not only corrected ER, but also AIM-120?

Range for ER is 65.5km and this is perfect, but it seems to me that the trajectory for АИМ120 is lowered to a height altitude, quickly passing distance with higher energy expenditure. Especially at more than 33000ft altitude. What this is about?

Screen_150415_194411.thumb.jpg.42b3b2815a2c66f0cce0240c16508201.jpg

tacview ER vs AIM.rar

Edited by Ragnarok

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell

I don't know how to fully answer your question (As in I don't know the answers right at the moment, I have to look at the files and I'm not close to my PC) but I will try, just keep in mind that some of this may be inaccurate information:

The DLZ for various missiles was corrected. So, the DLZ should show you the correct Rmax for some definition of Rmax.

Regarding AIM-120, I don't understand what you mean exactly, but I did suggest a temporary change to the loft trajectory because of the transition from loft -> PN is poorly modeled and destroys missile speed.

As for AIM-120 energy, don't get me started. IMHO all RF missiles have way too much drag in the game, the same drag as an IR missile, sometimes more.

@GGTharos

with last patch, not only corrected ER, but also AIM-120?

Range for ER is 65.5km and this is perfect, but it seems to me that the trajectory for АИМ120 is lowered to a height altitude, quickly passing distance with higher energy expenditure. Especially at more than 33000ft altitude. What this is about?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As for AIM-120 energy, don't get me started. IMHO all RF missiles have way too much drag in the game, the same drag as an IR missile, sometimes more.

I try to see the flight phase with the available energy for each missile particularly in separate conditions. Therefore, any change in trajectory, even without changes in aerodynamics, a lot of change concept in the fight. I do not care which the missile is better, but I must to know their value in same conditions.

Please, test the loft trajectory, and whether there are changes, and whether it is compensated a decrease in resistance with a particular AoA to achieve r_max?!

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
8 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

Planning on getting FC3, and wss wondering if relevant weapons updates in the SIM are also applicable to FC3 jets?

Yes, weaponry is the core feature of DCS.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

3 hours ago, draconus said:

Yes, weaponry is the core feature of DCS.

Thanks. My question wasn't about core features, but I think what your trying to say is that weapons are treated as a system unto itself regardless of what, or the number of planes/jets that can use it. So if there was an update to a Maverick variant for example, any module capable of carrying that variant would see the update.

5 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

Thanks. My question wasn't about core features, but I think what your trying to say is that weapons are treated as a system unto itself regardless of what, or the number of planes/jets that can use it. So if there was an update to a Maverick variant for example, any module capable of carrying that variant would see the update.

Yes, that's right.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria