Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

With "improved special effects" does this mean that we'll finally get some vapor effects?

The 'improved special effects' are the ones that are already in DCS World.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect your opinion, but I personally would pay every cent for it just because of the improved landing physics and 6DOF F-15C cockpit. Those 2 things alone, in my opinion, are worth the money.

+1 :thumbup::thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Which DX verion? 9?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The 'improved special effects' are the ones that are already in DCS World.

There are extras not yet in World.......and yes, you are going to have to wait and see: Mum's the word :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

There are extras not yet in World.......and yes, you are going to have to wait and see: Mum's the word :D

Never asked.

It's exactly that. AFM for missiles. The won't do any of the funky stuff we've seen in the past.

They should behave like IRL missiles do with the only exception that some performance is classified.

I bet Yo-Yo lost some sleep when he calculated the airflow around the missiles. :)

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Fingers crossed for new iron bomb explosion effects :)

let a guy dream!:blow:

Couldn't agree more that the new pit is worth $40 bucks alone... Having dabbled in FC2 a bit I can say with confidence that I'll get at least 10 hours of entertainment from that new pit... with any luck it'll sink its hooks into me and I'll get a whole lot more.

Awesome news!

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

For future in DCS..it would be awsome to see Falcon 4 BMS style turbulence effecting airframe model and ordinance. :smilewink::pilotfly:

+1 !!!

One of the improvements I've always expected.

Come on ED!, you can do it!!

Thanks for that FC3

Greetings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

I don't think that is a feature for FC3.

Indeed this is yet another DCS World feature. You can already put an AI F-15 against 4 opponents and see how it goes. In fact it works since DCS Warthog ...

New, advanced flight dynamics for air-to-air missiles. New for FC3.

Resource Manager that adds logistics control to missions. New for FC3.

So just about those 2 items, you confirm this is something only FC3 customers will get (as it's a key feature for the FC3 they bought), and that DCS World users don't have these features already or will never get them in the form of a free patch ?

Edited by 92nd-MajorBug
  • Like 2
92nd Kodiak Air Force - May the Greuh be with you

Rant on:

Almost nine years since the first Lock On release, and we are still stuck in the same area of the world, with the same planes, cockpits and the same key features. With a product that still requires original lomac disc. As a bonus we also got in the meantime a study sim of two niche aircraft, tank sim and a warbird in paid beta for half a year.

Makes me a little sad when I think what ED could make if they had enough resources...

Couldn't agree more that the new pit is worth $40 bucks alone

And people complain about MSFS addons prices :P

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Indeed this is yet another DCS World feature. You can already put an AI F-15 against 4 opponents and see how it goes. In fact it works since DCS Warthog ...

Cool I had no idea.

So just about those 2 items, you confirm this is something only FC3 customers will get (as it's a key feature for the FC3 they bought), and that DCS World users don't have these features already or will never get them in the form of a free patch ?

These features were developed for FC3 and will become part of DCS:-World. That is the whole point of DCS World and the module system.

Nate

Almost nine years since the first Lock On release, and we are still stuck in the same area of the world, with the same planes, cockpits and the same key features. With a product that still requires original lomac disc. As a bonus we also got in the meantime a study sim of two niche aircraft, tank sim and a warbird in paid beta for half a year.

You should add white and a few shades of grey to that world view of yours. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Majorbug, you seem to misunderstand this quite severely.

As you know, DCS World is free of charge. This has now also been expanded to include multiplayer. DCS World is then what all modules plug into.

If you then want to say that anything that is in DCS World will not be worth paying money for, you suffer from a pretty big issue: SOMETHING needs to pay for these features. This is the modules. For FC3, ED has developed several features, both FC-specific and not, and for compatibility with the codebase it does obviously get integrated into the DCS World system.

If you would be happier with the previous, pre-DCS World, system, please let me know. I can make sure to pass along the relevant install files. ;)

If you want something for free, play DCS World without modules.

Regarding people without FC3 getting things for free, once again: please read my responses. CAREFULLY.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The F-15 was updated in FC2, and now again in FC3, while russian aircrafts remained same.

All aircraft, and all missiles, were updated in FC2.

Also, please re-read the announcement. You are extrapolating a lot of things that simply arent there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Im sorry, this is ridiculous. You should just release FC F-15 module and finish this russian agony because its more than obvious that you do not want to make it anymore.

The F-15 was updated in FC2, and now again in FC3, while russian aircrafts remain same.

FC3 will be very inconsistent:

SU-27/33 and MiG-29 and A-10 - 3d model and cockpit are ugly, systems are out of date, SFM...

SU-25 - AFM and ugly cockpit

F-15 - major improvements in systems/ weapons and now in graphic too, but SFM

Price is another matter. I'm sorry, i just do not think FC3 is at the same level with beautiful DCS aircrafts.

Wish you the best but im not gonna buy this.

+1

I agree.

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

Im sorry, this is ridiculous. You should just release FC F-15 module and finish this russian agony because its more than obvious that you do not want to make it anymore.

The F-15 was updated in FC2, and now again in FC3, while russian aircrafts remained same.

FC3 will be very inconsistent:

SU-27/33 and MiG-29 and A-10 - 3d model and cockpit are ugly, systems are out of date, SFM...

SU-25 - AFM and ugly cockpit

F-15 - major improvements in systems/ weapons and now in graphic too, but SFM

Price is another matter. I'm sorry, i just do not think FC3 is at the same level with beautiful DCS aircrafts.

Wish you the best but im not gonna buy this.

The changes for F-15 in FC2 were about the missiles and they were aplied on russian missiles too (they are all copies of the same code), the new 3D models were 3rd party, radar management changes were implemented on all aircraft (PRF). The only F-15 specific change was the FM it was toned down to match the real aircraft.

Anything Im forgetting?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals