J-11A (Chinese Su-27SK) is coming to FC3

Katmandu

Just don't expect AIM-120C performance. The R-77 is almost equal or even less than the AIM-120B, but its always nice to have a true active, fire and forget missile! Going to be awesome! Can't wait.

The 77 has less range than the 120B however I would take the 77 over the 120B as the closer you get the better then 77 becomes compared to the 120B. The 77 turns really well for its size due to the grated fins. It does have more drag in turns due to those fins but its what makes it manuver well.

will it be flyable for only china side?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Dino Might said:
Can these be fired in TWS? Big advantage of F15 is not spooking adversary before pitbull.

It's kind of a hacked capability to be used with N001 radar, so no.

Edited by LJQCN101

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

The 77 has less range than the 120B however I would take the 77 over the 120B as the closer you get the better then 77 becomes compared to the 120B. The 77 turns really well for its size due to the grated fins. It does have more drag in turns due to those fins but its what makes it manuver well.

No one knows the real specs of the R-77-1 (RVV-AE), the manufacturers give this figures:

http://eng.ktrv.ru/production_eng/323/503/505/

Several publications online nerf the missile (like DCS does), and other analyst gives a better profile than the AIM-120C-1 (1996), no one knows for sure.

And of course, the TWS solution will not work like the F-15, you will have to lock on the enemy aircraft, because no one knows how is IRL

Edited by JunMcKill

• 2 weeks later...
You can´t fly it even if you have the Su-27 and 33 modules? Only FC?

currently FC3, will be added to Su-27 dedicated module later

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

R-77 is an old missile (the development of the 90's ready). The R-77-1 is a new missile (it began to enter service in 2015). According to some data, the launch range is 2-3 times greater than that of the old R-77.

Su-35 and R-77-1

227571.jpg

Edited by Flаnker

And of course, the TWS solution will not work like the F-15, you will have to lock on the enemy aircraft, because no one knows how is IRL

Oh there are, but some just think it to be in the way how it was thought to be like 40 years ago....

There are old test pilots who got privileged access in USSR for totally new Su-27S and Mig-29 to offer them for sales. As well there are old pilots flying those aircrafts and maintaining those.

And they might tell you some insights that are not in the manuals publically available, not on internet and you don't much otherwise get.

But if you would want to get them for public record, everyone will be silent, until maybe in their deathbeds.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

R-77-1 (RVV-SD) is an improved version of R-77 (RVV-AE). It has improved seeker, guidance and rudder sections, and it is also 110mm longer and 15kg heavier than R-77, so it has longer range. Official sources claim it has a 110km max range, wich is just slightly more than AIM-120C5 and less than AIM-120 C7.

Edited by DronneR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 77 performance kind of disappointment in DCS. I got to pretty close and fast to get a kill. It almost WVR missile than BVR. Maybe I was doing it wrong. And I agree with opinion that in Its current performance 77 doesn't make Flanker overpowered.

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze