Logo Suggestion

Pitot

Dear dudes at ED, while enjoying the new banner, I've noticed the appearance of the logo on the left. I would just like to say that:

1. The way the typography "digital combat simulator" is placed is awkward, because A. It shouldn't be touching edges - that disrupts the geometrical and visual integrity of the "DCS" typography.

2. Maybe it should (the "digital combat simulator" text) be placed at the lower sector, still enclosed by "DCS" letters. That way, you'd preserve the readability (which is bad this way anyway) against the background, and you can divide 3 words to be encircled by the three letters in "DCS".

3. Same thing from no1 goes for "Eagle" word in the Eagle Dynamics logo. Edges are touching and it looks bad. If you'd move those words as proposed in no2 to the lower sector, the ED Logo with the eagle would have to move to the right to escape from possibility of cramping the space with too much elements.

As a long time Desktop Publisher, I firmly claim that DCS logo is one of the best I've seen IMO. Seeing it crippled like this hurts me :) So, in my best intentions, I propose these small changes to the current, May Banner.

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.

Hi,

if you think it should look different, make a screenshot , edit it in Photoshop and upload it as PDF so we can judge your work.

Looking forward to see your results.

ex81

(Grafic Designer and Layouter)

• Like 1

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

I think I have explained well enough, for anyone remotely connected to Graphic Design or DTP to understand perfectly clear what am I having in mind. Since you are declaring yourself as a colleague, I firmly believe you know exactly what I have wanted to say. And even more, I believe that if the guy who made this (otherwise very pretty) banner won't have problems understanding what I have said - no matter if he agrees or disagrees with me about the aesthetics of what we're looking at.

P.S. This is not about judging, this is about intelligent discussion, with no intention to "judge" anyone or his work or to get sarcastic ;), but with intention to hear other opinions and maybe find a way to make something that's awesome - even more awesome and free of minor imperfections. You know, best intentions, progress... That is my reason.

Thank you for your comment.

Edited by Pitot

Hi,

if you think it should look different, make a screenshot , edit it in Photoshop and upload it as PDF so we can judge your work.

Looking forward to see your results.

ex81

(Grafic Designer and Layouter)

+1!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Pitot,

I didn`t say you`re wrong and I do agree with you in most arguments but,

a picture says more then thousand words. And not all of the readers

have a prof. background.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Oh if you say it like that, then all is well. Next time, please just say it like that :) Then, again, I targeted post toward people who are in the bussiness, but yeah - you're right. It's a public board, so what you said at your last post makes a lot of sense.

Nice to find a colleague, if you don't mind me saying :) Maybe if I have time this week. Work is overwhelming. I guess you know the feeling. XD