I really need help with FC3 and Joystick settings

Memcco

Trying to get it working in Quick action in the A10A....I'm on my 3rd Joystick to get this game going. Not much seems to be cooperating for me. Currently using a Thrustmaster T 16000M. Thrust slider works, rudder rotation on the handle works, lockon to ground targets with Mavs works but I can get them to fire. I've tried RAlt/Space and the canon fires???? I've added a joystick button for weapons release....nothing.

The only axis buttons I've set are for Mav lock on, Rudder, and Throttle. Nothing else seems to works, including the HAT button on top.

I've played Flaming Cliffs 1.1b for years using Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick with no problems at all, but this is making me feel like a complete newbie. Does anyone have an idea that I can try? It's a bit frustrating. Thx, Mike

Edited by Memcco

Make sure you have the weapon release maped and hold like freefifofum has said. Also after locking onto a target make sure you are in range.

Not at home right now and cannot remember everything about the A-10A, I'm sure you still need to tap TMS UP again to lock and fire when in range, the cross will lock down onto the target then you can fire off the mav. It sounds like your not finishing the lock (when in range).

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

do yourself a favor and invest in TrackIR if you can afford it or one of the "Free" alternatives that utilize the ps3 eye camera and some kind of LED clip (i got my ps3 eye for like $20) or look into the Delan Clip, you will be able to use your hat switch for something more practical, like trim.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I fixed it. Didn't want to give up on this great game..here's what I did. I unplugged and uninstalled the Thrustmaster T16000 form my computer and rebooted. Then I plugged it back in and started the game. All the settings were there..perfectly. HAT worked as it should. For the life of me I don't know what happened the first time. Thx for all your help. Big shout out to Scott. Mike.