Upgraded Mig-29

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I have a question.

Will the PFM Mig-29 that was announced in the recent live stream be available as an update to those that already own FC3 or will the PFM Mig-29 only be available as a new module that those with FC3 must purchase again?

Wasn't the Su-33 upgrade to PFM added to FC3 as an update for those that already owned the module?

Edited by Heavy-D69420
adding information

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question.

Will the PFM Mig-29 that was announced in the recent live stream be available as an update to those that already own FC3 or will the PFM Mig-29 only be available as a new module that those with FC3 must purchase again?

Wasn't the Su-33 upgrade to PFM added to FC3 as an update for those that already owned the module?

Where was that ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

MiG29 has been on the roadmap for ages, they're doing them one at a time. In one of the dealies round here somewhere they projected by end of 2018 for the update, if I remember correctly. You can expect it to get the same treatment as the others, inclusion in FC3 plus a small price bump, and availability as a separate module for purchase

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

MiG29 has been on the roadmap for ages, they're doing them one at a time. In one of the dealies round here somewhere they projected by end of 2018 for the update, if I remember correctly. You can expect it to get the same treatment as the others, inclusion in FC3 plus a small price bump, and availability as a separate module for purchase

For me, as long as they give the Fulcrum the right Instantaneous and Sustained turn rates ; agility ; aceleration ; etc. it's fine.

Where is the announcement they are talking about ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I cant' wait for the mig29 to have the PFM, it's such a fast short range interceptor!!!!

PFM for mig29 will give DCS world a pearl for everyone!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Where was that ?

Wags mentioned in the second Hornet livestream that the Mig-29 would be upgraded to a PFM flight model sometime near the end of 2018. He also said that at this point there are no plans to do a full fidelity Russian jet like a Fulcrum or Flanker.

Guest Guest
For me, as long as they give the Fulcrum the right Instantaneous and Sustained turn rates ; agility ; aceleration ; etc. it's fine.

Where is the announcement they are talking about ?

Skip to about 36:50

Skip to about 36:50

Thank you.

I've searched for that news report but wouldn't find it in a million years.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Guest Guest

I wanted to clarify this: the Mig-29A/G/S doesn't have FBW?

I was wondering because I find the AOA/pitch changes in the Su-27 and Su-33 to be much slower than the F-15C. I attributed that to the FBW system in the Flanker limiting the G you can pull which makes the Flanker go nose up slower. I know there is something in the controls that allows you to bypass the 8G limit, but I don't use it because I see a lot of guys in Flankers rip their wings off in ACM.

In a conversation I was having with some friends I suspected that the PFM Mig-29 would have faster pitch changes than the Su-27/33 because it doesn't have a FBW G-limiter.

No, there is no FBW. However when using dampering, there is soft 26deg AoA limit which can be overriden by pulling extra force on stick (like Su fighters).

I was wondering because I find the AOA/pitch changes in the Su-27 and Su-33 to be much slower than the F-15C. I attributed that to the FBW system in the Flanker limiting the G you can pull which makes the Flanker go nose up slower. I know there is something in the controls that allows you to bypass the 8G limit, but I don't use it because I see a lot of guys in Flankers rip their wings off in ACM.

In a conversation I was having with some friends I suspected that the PFM Mig-29 would have faster pitch changes than the Su-27/33 because it doesn't have a FBW G-limiter.

No the MiG-29 versions you mention(in the sim) have an electro-mechanical control system with mechanical linkages to the hydraulic actuators of various control surfaces. But it does have some "FBW-like" functions such as a computer controlled AOA/G control system, that monitors AOA and G-forces and performs automatic operation of LEFs as well as an AOA limiter("pitch kicker"), which is described as follows in the MiG-29 manual:

"The pitch kicker is designed to prevent inadvertent stalls by moving the control stick forward of neutral when either pich rate or AOA, or a combination of both, reaches the critical value. The computer triggers solenoid valves to operate the hydraulic actuators, which cause the taileron to assume an aircraft nose-down deflection and the control stick to move forward. Thus the pilot is immediately made aware of an approaching stall condition of the aircraft. A force of 17 kp, in addition to normal control forces, applied on the stick can override the pitch kicker."

No, there is no FBW. However when using dampering, there is soft 26deg AoA limit which can be overriden by pulling extra force on stick (like Su fighters).

As far as I can tell, the AOA limiter is always active and not a function of dampering(an AFCS mode).

JJ

• 2 weeks later...

Since by Chizh's words, the FM is half done ( https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3495886&postcount=883 ), we can hope for some progress on more 29's fronts this year ...

JunMcKill, while we are awaiting for fixes, I suggest you to download some of the user texture fixes regarding RWR. Not the prettiest solution, but the sole one for now :/

To add to that list, I hope that someday we will get also a functional chaff/flare counter which is not just a static number on the texture ...

Edited by Vatikus

Since by Chizh's words, the FM is half done ( https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3495886&postcount=883 ), we can hope for some progress on more 29's fronts this year ...

JunMcKill, while we are awaiting for fixes, I suggest you to download some of the user texture fixes regarding RWR. Not the prettiest solution, but the sole one for now :/

To add to that list, I hope that someday we will get also a functional chaff/flare counter which is not just a static number on the texture ...

thanks mate. the problem with that mod or fix is the IC, most servers use full IC, and you can't access them without a clean client.

thanks mate. the problem with that mod or fix is the IC, most servers use full IC, and you can't access them without a clean client.

To get greenlight IC, the cockpit needs to be in Saved Games/Liveries/Cockpit_MiG-29A/<new name> (same for S version..).

I use it as such, and it passes IC ok.