Setting up Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

Memcco

Can someone show me how to program this joystick? I'm not having any success. I'm having trouble figuring out how to assign buttons and modifiers. I used to use the Microsoft Sidewinder FF2. The axis are new to me. Thrust up, thrust down? Whatever happened to "Throttle"? I would really appreciate the help step by step! Anxious to get back up and flying again! Thx, Mike

For the throttle, go into axis commands, then select the 'Joy Z' command, then clear it, then double-click on where it used to be, the move your throttle up and down. After it registers, hit 'Okay". That works for me, at least.

I'll need a lot more help than that....the throttle is the only thing I got working. How do you trim the yaw rate., drop your bombs, select the target, etc. This is not looking very promising and making me feel really stupid.

You can fine tune ur axis in axis tune section. Its is very easy. As this joystick is a little juttery so you will have to define deadzoes in DCS setting in axis tune. The rest of the buttons you can assign according to your taste.

If by "trim the yaw rate" you mean reduce the sensitivity of the twisty stick, select axis commands category, click on the rudder axis, then click the "axis tune" button. You can add curvature or a deadzone as req'd.

For the other most basic commands, you'll want to bind air-to-ground master mode (one of the first items listed, 7 key on the keyboard) weapon select (under "weapons", D on the keyboard of memory serves) and weapon release (also under weapons, space on the keyboard)

Targeting will be under sensors. The O key will turn the Skhval (your TV sensor) on. TDC (target designation cursor) up/down/left/rate will move the camera around. There is no automatic targeting.

I'd recommend getting some practice in with dumb bombs, rockets, and guns on a practice range since you seem fairly new at this and all you have to do for those is dive towards the target, steer the pipper on target, and press weapon release.

You can find a copy of my target range map here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3355901&postcount=9

Edited by feefifofum

I'll need a lot more help than that....the throttle is the only thing I got working. How do you trim the yaw rate., drop your bombs, select the target, etc. This is not looking very promising and making me feel really stupid.

Um, perhaps you should first try the training missions with only the stick and throttle set up, then decide what you want on the stick. That's what I did.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect the issue is that you need to map your keys. I've attached my key mapping file and an excel file that I use as a reference. I use the base keys 7-12 as modifiers (e.g. hold 8 and press 6 to reset zoom) and everything else is joystick key 1-6 or hat.

Zipped Excel file with key mapping. Zipped because I don't think this forum allows uploading straight .xlsx files.

DCS Settings.zip

Key map (place in your Saved Games folder which is usually a subfolder of your username folder on Windows).

LogitechStickXboxSLEW.diff.lua

If you have an XboxOne controller, you can use the xbox right stick and abxy buttons for the SU-25T camera (as it seems to require axis controls).

Edited by ReflexArc

Member of TAW-North America.

Practices Thursdays at 2045 Eastern. Missions Sundays at 1945 Eastern.

F/A-18C | A-10C | AV-8B | M2000C | Huey | KA-50

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a 3D pro 7 years ago... Used it with Flanker.

Options can be overwhelming now because you can set your modifiers and keys BOTH in Logitech software AND game control settings.

What you should try:

1. assign every a simple KEYBOARD key to every control that you are going to use often in flight and combat (radar on/off, EOS on/off, weapon select, gun, flaps, radar modes, nav modes... everything you deem critical) .

2. Set your modifiers in Logitech software. I think you can set 2 buttons as modifiers enabling you two dozen different commands at your fingertips. You should then link your button presses (with and without modifier 1/2) to those keyboard keys which correspond to your desired command.

So any button pressed (hat switch also) can have 3 possible commands.

You should be able to do it all in logitech's script editor or control panel or whatever, I forgot the details...

I had hat switch mapped to view, and when modifier 1 was pressed it acted like the trimmer,

with modifier 2 pressed it slew the target designator box.

I hope it makes sense, I'm terrible at explaining.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
For the throttle, go into axis commands, then select the 'Joy Z' command, then clear it, then double-click on where it used to be, the move your throttle up and down. After it registers, hit 'Okay". That works for me, at least.

This did not work for me. Anyone know any other tricks for getting the throttle to map?

This did not work for me. Anyone know any other tricks for getting the throttle to map?

Are you sure the throttle is working otherwise? Also, are you clicking in the right column? (Just making sure, these are all things I've done when I was trying to figure this out.)

Member of TAW-North America.

Practices Thursdays at 2045 Eastern. Missions Sundays at 1945 Eastern.

F/A-18C | A-10C | AV-8B | M2000C | Huey | KA-50

Are you sure the throttle is working otherwise? Also, are you clicking in the right column? (Just making sure, these are all things I've done when I was trying to figure this out.)

It works in other games and I'm using the right column. Still no dice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
If by "trim the yaw rate" you mean reduce the sensitivity of the twisty stick, select axis commands category, click on the rudder axis, then click the "axis tune" button. You can add curvature or a deadzone as req'd.

Sounds SWEET that DCS has this - the stick is notorious for losing calibration under Windows, it's like you have to calibrate every day if you dream of flying the Gazelle and don't like it to jerk around all the time!

Is it easy to adjust the center of the deadzone on the fly - it's the center that seems to travel with the stick.

Would you recommend installing the Logitech software? Just for DCS?

Is there a guide or tutorial somewhere, about how to get the best out of this stick? I'm thinking of going back to Ka-50 and get the most out of that heli and its weapons platforms. Plus a few other craft I need to try out esp. when MAC hits.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS