DCS A-10C Open Workshop '2' - Practical

Heli Shed

Hi all,

The first part of the Open Workshop introduced you to some basics with regards to Ground Discipline in the A-10C but also some key concepts of A2G principles - particulary prioritisation of targets after aquisition.

Remember, your 'one pager' in the Doc pack will hold you in good sted.

Thanks to the following who showed but also to those that didn't or couldn't and pm'd me. Appreciated.

Capture0212.PNG

We hope it was an informative Workshop (part '1' of '2'). Remember what was covered will not turn you in to a Top Gun overnight, but it will certainly start those of you who are 'lonewolf's', well on the way. Remember the Principles for Ground Attack and how to execute it, the appropriate calls and why we make them. Finally, my own little bit of 'Rumsfeld waffle'.

"Remember that the enemy are over 'there', so attack from over 'here', in accordance with maximum stand off equalling limited risk. If you attack from over 'there', where the enemy is, check your parachute!"

The 'Extra' part to Open Workshop 2 will be on Tuesday 04th at 2000 hrs UK Time.

Carrying on fom the first Part of Open Workshop '2', and as confirmation of it, there will be a large 'Fly in' to put it all together. Starting sharp at 2000 hrs.

Look forward to it.

regards

'T'

Edited by Tyger
  • Like 1

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

I also will be back again.

It's just not possible to think about missing such quality informations and traininsg from the 74th for those who want & can of course.

Thanks again for all.

Win 10 | i7 8700 Coffee Lake OC @ 4.9Ghz | 32Go Ram | 1080Ti | DCS on SSD | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Rudder | TrackIr 5 Pro

I am planning on making it, depends what life throws at me ;)

Best Regards

Nigel

AKA Rubberduck

My Dad- Always check for paper before sitting down....:music_whistling:

Win7 64bBit,Intel® Core i7x4-3820 (3.6GHz), ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79, INTEL CERTIFIED LIQUID COOLING

16GB DDR3 2400MHz, NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 680 4GB, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK

BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES, AeroCool Touch 2000 LCD Touch Screen 4 Fan Controller

Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio, Hotas WH, Saitek Pro-Flight Pedals & Cougar MFD's

I'm already inside, in the lower most room.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thank you Tyger and all the 74th team. Was a good instruction evening.

A bit over crouded of A10's arround targets but that was not a bad thing to have to try to watch out at so much things at the same time.

For sure, I will retain mainly two things :

1.) Engage from over here, not from over there

2.) Don't forget to breathe

Thanks and see you very soon in the air

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Win 10 | i7 8700 Coffee Lake OC @ 4.9Ghz | 32Go Ram | 1080Ti | DCS on SSD | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Rudder | TrackIr 5 Pro