SimHQ interview - DCS Q&A with Matt Wagner

159th_Viper

Good news there, can't wait to see what it will look like a few years from now.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Very interesting.

But I also understood (or is it my imagination) that ED needs money and programmers because (I feel) they are struggling with their projects... Many projects, not enough ressources ($ and devs), so it takes more time.

Correct me if I'm wrong. (constructively)

I really hope ED can receive the support they need.

Anyway, thanks for the infos, Viper. And thanks for the interview, Wags.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

• ED Team

Interesting :) thanks

Q: Sorry, but we're about "Georgia-ed" out. Any hope for more terrain soon?

Matt: Yes, Nevada. Duh ;)

Q: Are there any plans for in-house add-on theaters beyond Nevada? DCS World implies an area larger than the Black Sea region.

Matt: Yes, but we are not discussing them at this time. We'd like to finish Nevada first.

I am Georgia-ed out as well, looking forward to Nevada but also the prospect of a new larger combat area in the future :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Reading the interview it felt like a conversation I was having with my 3 year old daughter. Short consice answers that give nothing new.

So shall we starting taking bets of if Nevada gets released before Dec 31, 2012?

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Reading the interview it felt like a conversation I was having with my 3 year old daughter. Short consice answers that give nothing new.

So shall we starting taking bets of if Nevada gets released before Dec 31, 2012?

I must agree , he wasnt very talkative.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

The answers were short because everyone of those questions has been answered here on the forum in the past few months. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
I'm sorry,I feel a bit disappointed as I thought The Nevada terrain was do out this summer.Bummer!

If it was simply a case of creating a new map, then it probably would have been done long ago. The issue is that the map is tied to the creation of a new IG system and the integration of the new terrain into it. That in itself is a massive project that has spanned years.

• Like 1

• ED Team
I think he has the makings of a Politician. :smartass:

It seemed like a hard interview, I thought it might have been only me.

rattler

Not really. Anytime we announce a new product, it will certainly not be done as part of an interview in another website. It will be done as a proper press release. In terms of the 3rd party questions, we are legally bound by contract as to what we can say about product developed by other developers.

• ED Team
The answers were short because everyone of those questions has been answered here on the forum in the past few months. ;)

For the most part, yes. But the interview allowed us to clarify better aspects of our 3rd party product exceptions and goals of DCSW.

I think most everyone also completely missed the announcement of the DCS Auto-Updater that is coming.

I did see it but, no offense intended, that is a convenience item and not essential to any aspect of the sim. Then again, I don't understand the difficulties some have with updating the current products.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not really. Anytime we announce a new product, it will certainly not be done as part of an interview in another website. It will be done as a proper press release. In terms of the 3rd party questions, we are legally bound by contract as to what we can say about product developed by other developers.

Wags:

Yes perfectly understandable that you can't comment on 3rd Party Developers, that makes perfect sense. You can only speak for Eagle. I understand perfectly that point.:thumbup:

I did see it but, no offense intended, that is a convenience item and not essential to any aspect of the sim. Then again, I don't understand the difficulties some have with updating the current products.

I beg to differ. It's a critical component of a persistent world platform. It'll become even more critical as time goes on and more content is cleared by ED.

Wags:

Yes perfectly understandable that you can't comment on 3rd Party Developers, that makes perfect sense. You can only speak for Eagle. I understand perfectly that point.:thumbup:[ There is so much going on now and keep track of these update no.'s is as simple as it sounds, a little difficult, if you understand what I mean. They are all very similar so it gets to be confusing at times keep program updates straight. I don't know maybe with so much going on the interview seemed to be a little short on the answer side. Damned if you do Damned if you don't.LOL:)/QUOTE]

rattler

Good interview Wags! Answered a few questions I (still) had about DCSW and 3rd Party add-ons.

Other than that, Nevada and FC3 can't come soon enough! :P

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

I think most everyone also completely missed the announcement of the DCS Auto-Updater that is coming.

Looking forward to it! :thumbup:

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]