A10c Gun shake

huge

Having just purchased FC3 i have noticed the camera shake effect when using the guns in the fast jets and was wondering if there is any chance of getting the same effect for the A-10C and A?

Is this a realistic effect or is the PAC meant to reduce this?

Just a thought

PAC keeps the nose of the plane from rising.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

The problem is the videos are not the actual view! The gun makes the cockpit vibrate and the pilot feels that.

The gun camera is mounted to the frame and shakes... but your view (your eyes) wouldn't be affected. If you ever shot a Machinegun (7.62 cal MG3 in my case) it is interesting to see the muzzle wander, feel the raw power vibrate and push against your shoulder, but your view and aim remain on target, as your body soaks up the vibrations... I'm quite certain a shake effect will give you a hard time keeping aim on target, though it will look cool.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The problem is the videos are not the actual view! The gun makes the cockpit vibrate and the pilot feels that.

The gun camera is mounted to the frame and shakes... but your view (your eyes) wouldn't be affected. If you ever shot a Machinegun (7.62 cal MG3 in my case) it is interesting to see the muzzle wander, feel the raw power vibrate and push against your shoulder, but your view and aim remain on target, as your body soaks up the vibrations... I'm quite certain a shake effect will give you a hard time keeping aim on target, though it will look cool.

Uhm, are you speaking about mounted gun because certainly your "eye sight" shakes a bit when shooting with powerful gun. Your brains can null some vibration but it's still there.

And having shot some weapons myself your sight certainly shakes when shooting, lol. :doh:

Some vibration would be fun but not too much.

If you hold a machine gun correctly, the vibration does not translate to your eye the punch is dampend by the body.I talk about lying or sitting behind the MG3 no tripod, so you need to fixate the gun between the stand or mount and your shoulder. Head is leaned into the sight to aim.Body shakes, and you feel it to the bones, but you can still aim and control bursts, without reacquiring the target, 'cause your eyes won't loose aim... Shot the MG even as AA on long range etc.

I was more pointing at the gun cam videos being a poor comparison, as the camera is fixed to the airframe and vibrates like hell. Much more than the pilot would notice.

The point for the effect is: it will be immersive, but it needs to be done in a way, that the pipper stays on target in the sim and it should not be overpronounced as in some other games, just for effect.

A better immersion would be a rumble pad, to let you feel the gun vibrating, when firing.

EDIT:didn't want to sound like a know-it-all, guess we pretty much agree here, just my thoughts and own experience, anyway. Never sat in an A-10C guns blazing. :D

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I agree with shagrat. The brain does all kinds of crazy things to compensate for motion when delivering us an image of the world around us. That isn't to say that there wouldn't be some perception of vibration but I think that even if that were noticeable you would still have a great deal of it being dampened out by your brain. The problem anytime you try to do vibration with weapon sighting in any kind of game or sim is that it often creates an unrealistic difficulty in maintaining the sight picture and aiming. Its almost definitely some combination of the lack of any physical input from the aircraft itself that we're not actually in and the extremely low perceived visual resolution of the simulated world versus the real one.

I imagine having the image on your monitor vibrate while you're not would be totally messed up. Its kind of like Arma head bob. I always turned that crap off because real heads bob but what I saw through my monitor was nothing like real life.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

What I think is that whatever your eyes see or whatever your brain does to compensate does not mean it should be like this in the simulation. We are not feeling any physical sensations that a pilot of a fighter jet would feel, and at least in my opinion, this HAS to be compensated visually. :pilotfly:

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

I understand and actually agree with most of your points about the brain/eye compensating for the vibration. My post was more along the lines of trying to get the FC3 canon effect for the A10 to simulate this movement that would be felt through the body.

How do you want to convey something that is felt by the pressure and accelleration sensory array of your body through a visual stimulus? At the frequencies in question, i'd say that that is not possible.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 4 weeks later...