New Flares in OpenBeta 1.2.12......?!?!?

FlyNate

Gun smoke & flares.

DCS World 1.2.12 Gun smoke effect is overdone for all modules aswell as flares. You can't see your target coz of Gun smoke in airplanes with nose mounted guns.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

.? No problem here in a10c.

I agree.. Just flew for the last 2h in A-10A. No problem with gun smoke.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Gee, guess I'm in the minority here! I prefere the new ones without all those little dots trailing behind the ignited flares themselves. I've seen them dropped, but never to me looked like the old models...always had some vapor expended behind them, not droplets or whatever the old pics show.

Just basing on real world, not game visuals. I prefer the new. Perhaps a little less vapor trail though on some would tweek it just right.

Edited by mrmertz

The new ones look alot better in some lighting situations and maybe a lil odd in others, they would likely look better in EDGEs lighting.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

it looks good but the smoke should be wider i think

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

a-10-releasing-flares-upsight-down.jpg

Unfortunately, now they're too bright for daylight but the smoke effect is better

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

New flares??

Hello, so I've noticed that the flares in DCS (at least for me) started to look different:

attachment.php?attachmentid=110102&stc=1&d=1419333625

I am using the 1.2.14 Beta, though. So maybe it's because of it?

I haven't played DCS in 3-4 months, but I clearly remember that the flares looked very differently - the smoke effect was really cool and wobbling :)

Flares.thumb.jpg.558b35bb1f038d2010de8b19fff353f6.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old ones were OK to me, and new ones are OK to me. :)

Why am I OK all flares? :D

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I think the old flares looked WAY better and were more realistic than the new ones.....

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

We all think :) And it's because they were: more realistic

I'm gonna stop you right there.

"More realistic" ???

Notice how those flares slow down pretty quick due to drag, like the new ones. Also notice how drag counteracts gravity to make them fall rather slowly after their speed drops, like the new ones.

Now, tell me, how are flares that fly at 500 knots behind you for 20 seconds realistic? :lol: Visual-wise, however, the smoke could use a touch up.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

We should probably wait for 2.0/EDGE to judge them, then you guys can make a new 30 page thread about it ;)

Sith did it again. :lol:

Alrighty then.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.