upon landing at any airport the F18 drifts very slightly too the right

after most recent update: DCS 2.5.2.19641 Open Beta Update 7

am noticing upon landing at any airport the F18 drifts very slightly too the right

with Nose wheel steering can compensate plane back to center

there is a very slight rightward drift bias.

my throttle and joystick are calibrated correctly and centred for rudder...is anyone else noticing this?

Have you made sure to check if wind was enabled upon landing?

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

thanks Hornet_101 but I can not find any setting anywhere that allows enable/disable Wind.

also should not happen at every map and airport and just be a slight rightward drift upon landing ...if is a wind setting would expect direction of drift to be random.

could you walk me through within settings where is a Wind setting?

thx...gary

Update here. The problem had disappeared without me doing anything. Then returned with the opposite of a slight leftward drift upon landing. I know it is not the wind because the wind sock at end of runway is not pointing to the left but to the right. Wind sock direction does not match the direction of drift.

Funny thing is when i did last update to 2.5 OpenBeta (update6) I had a similar problem with front wheel occillating back and forth with a bias to the right. Look at post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215022 It also resolved spontaneously with no action on my part.

The drift also happens across all aircraft modules so seems to be some problem with rudder, nose wheel steering and DCS interaction with Windows (drivers). Only has happened with these last two updates.

I am on Windows 7-64bit SP1. Hope developers look at this. Problem is slight but new to last two updates and resolves itself. Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS joystick and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller are both properly calibrated.

Now that you have mentioned it, it did sound like a hardware calibration issue. I remember having a similar issue with the old logitech extreme 3d pro, but why bother trying to fix that when you got a Thrustmaster Warthog for christmas that year.:lol:

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

... Then returned with the opposite of a slight leftward drift upon landing. I know it is not the wind because the wind sock at end of runway is not pointing to the left but to the right. Wind sock direction does not match the direction of drift.

Does your Hornet actually 'drift' to the left or does it 'turn' to the left? If the wind is from the left, every airplane will turn to the left (weathervaning).

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Does your Hornet actually 'drift' to the left or does it 'turn' to the left? If the wind is from the left, every airplane will turn to the left (weathervaning).

Thx for that info bbrz regards weathervaning effect. Makes sense especially with large tail fin vertical surface area at rear of plane. In my case with windsock pointing to right, therefore wind coming from left would be pushing those surfaces rightwards hence nudging nose front end to left...much like a weather vane on someones roof.

I shall study wind direction given by ATC, windsock direction and resulting drift left or right accordingly. This may not be a bug and just weathervaning effect upon tail fin area. You are right the plane feels more like it is turning slightly rather than drifting.

Hopefully I can find a landing situation with no wind at all...that would be a good test...gary