WORLDS APART Spring 2025 Information

Low_Level_Heaven_Logo_dunkel_grau.png

Missions by pilots for pilots and ambitious gamers.

:cheer3nc: ACTUAL NO KNOWN ISSUE WITH 2.7 April 2023 :detective:

As always, we keep you up to date on the Campaign Status here in this thread

Englisch 
French (all Text translated)
German  (all Text translated / all in Cockpit voiceovers in German)

First of all:

Many thanks to all, volunteered for voiceovers.

And many of you in the forum answering my questions concerning the mission editor.

Our Partners at AVP&IT macing that possible with there hardware and logistical support.

And of cause many thanks to ED for the opportunities given.

Providing with DCS an outstanding Programm as the basis for this Campaign and hopefully many more in the future.

As well for giving us lessons in patience, we truly internalized not that much. :lol:

A story-driven campaign consisting of you in the role of a German Bell UH-1H helicopter pilot serving in the "WOLF PACK" squadron, a unit of the German Light Aircraft Group (Heeresflieger).

You are part of a four-person crew consisting of your commanding officer Peter Berger, the two gunners Hans and Tom, and you as the right seat pilot. Fly combined missions with your squadron leader WOLF ONE and other helicopter and aircraft units.

Missions are with other air and ground forces, as well as naval units from different countries. You will conduct transport missions, as well as armed patrol and day and night combat missions in all weather conditions.

Key Features:

12 challenging missions

More than 1400 voice overs

Voice actors with an American, German and Russian accents

And more than 170 pages of detailed documentation

Find mission-relevant information integrated into the kneeboard files

Many thanks to the volunteers, making voice-overs. Without them, it will be not the same.

Out of the DCS community:

RePhil

CAMINO

Friends of mine:

Andreas

Jochen

Marco

Domenic

IMPORTANT !!

DO NOT USE AUTOSTART !!

This mission is as close to real-life as practicable, this also includes that you startup the Huey by yourself when asked to do so.

Many of the triggers related to the surrounding traffic and radio communications activated by switches and or instrument readings during startup.

The automatic startup doesn't care and may screw up the mission at the beginning.

Use the UH-1 manual or Jucks guide to the UH-1 and the checklist in there.

You will see. It's easy to do more fun and much more realistic.

Take your time. You never gonna mace one single mission when in a hurry. :music_whistling:

Thanks to first players contacting us with some "issues." we can point out some things where the mission may stick.

As far as we can say this is to 99% because of the pilot is not following the instructions given by his Commanding Officer (PETER/CO). We open a new thread to any "issue" reported to guide you in advance or provide you with instant help.

During the Game, you also can refer at any time to the F-10 radio menu. If the mission expects you to do something you find it there.

You also should refer to the mission documentation, especially when it comes to cargo transport. There is a "<profanity> happens" protocol that may be safe your day.:pilotfly:

===========================

The complete mission description is now also available in the German language :smartass:

You may find it under the following link

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...5&postcount=14

To keep the file sices small the quality is reduced. A high-quality version will be published with one of the next campaign updates. :book:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

I am sitting at idle, waiting... waiting. Mission1

Go to the radio menu F 10. for revue the instructions and see what's next,

listening carefully to the CO Peter is important

Always happy landings ;)

First I want to say a big THANK YOU for making new content for the UH-1H! I love the helicopter, and I'm sad to see it largely ignored by ED, update-wise. So thanks for making new content, I bought it instantly when I learned that it was released!

I have one little nitpick though, concerning the language in the mission briefings, dialogues, etc. It could have done with some proof-reading. There are some hilarious mistakes, and sometimes it's hard to understand because of awkward wordings. I wouldn't have complained if this was a free campaign, but surely you could have consulted someone when making paid-for content?

Anyway, it's a minor nitpick, the important thing is how the campaign runs, and that we get something at all! So THANK YOU!

First I want to say a big THANK YOU for making new content for the UH-1H! I love the helicopter, and I'm sad to see it largely ignored by ED, update-wise. So thanks for making new content, I bought it instantly when I learned that it was released!

I have one little nitpick though, concerning the language in the mission briefings, dialogues, etc. It could have done with some proof-reading. There are some hilarious mistakes, and sometimes it's hard to understand because of awkward wordings. I wouldn't have complained if this was a free campaign, but surely you could have consulted someone when making paid-for content?

Anyway, it's a minor nitpick, the important thing is how the campaign runs, and that we get something at all! So THANK YOU!

Many thanks for your feedback.

Language and dialogs are issues from the beginning.

Because it starts as a private project with very little resources there is still room for improvements.

We take all your feedback very seriously and are interested in improving the quality of the product.

So language will be on the list but it's a lot of work and depends a little bit on how the community reacts on the campaign and mission design itself.

Creating the first campaign is a shot into the dark because it is absolute zero information available when it comes to refunds. There are already some professional speakers involved especially for the American voices and we will improve the voice and language quality furthermore.

Always happy landings ;)

Hi! This looks great. I have the steam edition with all modules on steam.

Will there be a steam release in the future? Can’t wait to play!

It is up to ED, but I can't see any reason why not.

Next will be the stable release and we hope Steam will be following soon. :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

... There are already some professional speakers involved especially for the American voices and we will improve the voice and language quality furthermore. ...

I do like the "amateurish" sounding german accented english voiceovers. :)

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

First thank you for the great idea for the campaign story. Unfortunately is it not possible for me to fly more than two missions. I did the mission one and two correctly, but the campaign begins again with mission one. I did the campaign now more then five times but always the same sh...

Please tell me, what can i do to proceed the campaign more than mission two.

I have more than 100 hours on the Huey and i know, what i do.

PS: sometimes my Huey „exploded“ unforced an i did not know how???

Hi.

First thank you for the great idea for the campaign story. Unfortunately is it not possible for me to fly more than two missions. I did the mission one and two correctly, but the campaign begins again with mission one. I did the campaign now more then five times but always the same sh...

Please tell me, what can i do to proceed the campaign more than mission two.

I have more than 100 hours on the Huey and i know, what i do.

PS: sometimes my Huey „exploded“ unforced an i did not know how???

Seems to be a problem with the campaign handler.

Other players but not all have the same issue at mission 2 ort 3.

We already searching for the cause.

You may fly the missions direct when starting out of the Mission Editor.

You find the campaign in them ED main folder on your hard drive under / MODS / CAMPAIGNS

It would be also fun to fly the mission together simultaneously to make sure you missed nothing. Just send me a message over discord or here in the forum.

:pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

Hi, I have enjoyed the first mission but keep running into a strange issue on Mission2, I take the cargo to the power station and can move all other cargo across the river but when I pick up the last piece (the HUEY cargo in the net) I see red smoke in the cargo drop off zone and then when I get close to that smoke with that cargo the mission ends and goes to the debrief screen and I have failed the mission. It only happens with that cargo and it happens when get within about 30 feet of that smoke.

Has you located Wolf 1, because he slips slowly into the river and than the mission ends always.

You can skip the mission-part about the 4 slingloads with the F-10 menu, please read in this Forum the threads about mission 2.

But i can tell you, fly to the Humphe near the cargo right to the trucks north and land and wait a moment. Pitch down and than F-10 menu, "cargo delievered" and mission goes on after a conversation and a thanks to it.

Edited by Gerd-Wiem

• 1 month later...

At first:

Thanks for developing a campaign for the bell, I feel happy about that!!!

About mission2:

Me too;

1. Wolf1 slips into the river.

2.The mission ends suddenly when delivering a cargo over the river. I delivered 2x cargo and the mission crashed with the 3. cargo. It was the cargo on the left side-looking from the station.

Maybe this information helps and you can fix this?

Thank you

I like to ask about the point system in mission2. In the beginning I have 50 points. After flying at the coast to Batumi habor my points go to 0 points. After carrying all the cargos at the river I have 10 or 20 points. They will be reseted when flying to the station. At the end of the mission I had 0 points.

What is the reason? Do I have to fly exactly in 500ft? Or what am I doing wrong?

I would be happy about help, thank you!

I like to ask about the point system in mission2. In the beginning I have 50 points. After flying at the coast to Batumi habor my points go to 0 points. After carrying all the cargos at the river I have 10 or 20 points. They will be reseted when flying to the station. At the end of the mission I had 0 points.

What is the reason? Do I have to fly exactly in 500ft? Or what am I doing wrong?

I would be happy about help, thank you!

Do you have the latest updates?

Since them, you get 50 points at startup to ensure that you not falling back to mission one even when the mission is failed.

Ad the End of the Mission when back in Batumi you get an additional 50 Points to proceed to Mission 3.

Always happy landings ;)

I´m not using the DCS-Beta version.

My currently version is: 2.5.5.35461

O.k.

There was no stable update for weeks now.

So you still have the old miz files.

Sorry for that, it is up to ED releasing that update in the near future

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks very much for the beautiful PDF Layout! Nice pictures!

I think I have to wait for an update. I tried again today and had 0 points at Batumi.

Carrying cargos isn`t the real problem for me (now :) ).

Maybe it is an old miz-file (you wrote it): the points will be reseted to 0 during the mission2.

I hope it will be updated soon.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...