How do I use the TGP?

Kappa

It is working. Keep in mind that in the F-16, the TGP is slaved to the current SP and if that SP is somewhere behind your aircraft it it pretty troublesome to slew it all the way in front of the aircraft, especially if it is masked. There is no boresighting function (yet).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It is working. Keep in mind that in the F-16, the TGP is slaved to the current SP and if that SP is somewhere behind your aircraft it it pretty troublesome to slew it all the way in front of the aircraft, especially if it is masked. There is no boresighting function (yet).

With TMS down it should go back to bore sight.

However, if you say it is working, maybe I have some problem with keybindings or joystick settings...

I'll check it.

TY QuiGon :thumbup:

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

I don't have problem centering the tgp on CCRP mode. Only problem is, HUD and TGP is not fully synhced

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

With TMS down it should go back to bore sight.

That's already implemented? I didn't know and hence never tried :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Remember to always have the TGP as SOI. I know it’s obvious but I’ve found that a lot of things I happen to do while working the TGP tend to switch. All of a sudden it’s jumpy or slewing way past where I want. Almost always b/c it’s not SOI. Also, use NWS to cycle so it is in CCRP. If you have it in CCIP mode, it will want to look at where your bomb would hit if you dropped now. Doesn’t want to look where YOU DO.

So, CCRP and SOI and you should be good

That's already implemented? I didn't know and hence never tried :music_whistling:

Since day 1 of the F-16 or at least after the first patch.

:beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

make sure you are not in CCIP mode. set it to CCRP and you can slew all day.

Make sure you have valid working Steer Point selected for that though. And it shouldn't actually work like that so its a bad habit to build.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Can you see with the TGP what FCR had lock on to. The same way that you could do in BMS?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

1. Make sure you are in A-G mode. CCRP

2. Set TGP as SOI (white outline around the MFD)

3. TMS down to boresight the TGP

4. Point at target and TMS forward to ground lock. TMS forward again to toggle Area vs Point

It makes your way points all haywire. I think it's rather unusable in a mission context. The TGP in the hornet is functioning much better. The JF17 in comparison is an almost finished product and much more enjoyable to use the TGP. Too bad it's really slow as a pig compared to the rocketship F16

Ok, so here is the point... To slew the TGP it seems I need to set the Master Arm to ON.

Strange behaviour, is it modeled correctly?

I don't need Master Arm to be ON to be able to slew the TGP. All i need to do is, like said by others, AG Mode and change from CCIP mode to CCRP! TGP as SOI, done, slewing without problems.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I don't need Master Arm to be ON to be able to slew the TGP. All i need to do is, like said by others, AG Mode and change from CCIP mode to CCRP! TGP as SOI, done, slewing without problems.

Yeah, A-G mode and CCRP, the MFD was SOI.

I'll have one more try tonight.

If I won't be able to get int to work i'll post a .trk

TY

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

Yeah, A-G mode and CCRP, the MFD was SOI.

I'll have one more try tonight.

If I won't be able to get int to work i'll post a .trk

TY

Very strange, maybe a track would help.

Quick and dirty (Air start):

- switching Master Arm OFF(ON by default with Air start)

- select AG

- change to CCRP

- select TGP

- make SOI

- slewing around

If i remember correctly, if you select the TGP and make it SOI before you change the AG mode to CCRP you will reset the SOI for the TGP(no white border anymore) and have to make it SOI again.