JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

Ah, alright. I thought it would be similar to how the anti ship missiles work on the viggen where you can set them up to lock different targets.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

The best option, which is still a huge gamble, is to set them up to attack a group from different angles by assigning different PP turning points. If positioned correctly, and with a bit of luck, they'll make the missiles spot different targets because of the difference in approach angle (or may just end up turning too soon or too late and end up not spotting anything at all).

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

The best option, which is still a huge gamble, is to set them up to attack a group from different angles by assigning different PP turning points. If positioned correctly, and with a bit of luck, they'll make the missiles spot different targets because of the difference in approach angle (or may just end up turning too soon or too late and end up not spotting anything at all).

thats actually a pretty reasonable approach. make one go left, the other right and make em converge. quite possible they'll go for separate things or sink the same ship. i think you need more than one hit anyways to sink right?

thats actually a pretty reasonable approach. make one go left, the other right and make em converge. quite possible they'll go for separate things or sink the same ship. i think you need more than one hit anyways to sink right?

Depends on the ship from what I've seen. The cargo ships seem to go down just fine from a single solid hit; smaller frigates might eventually burn down from one hit, but will most likely survive; anything larger will need a bunch.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

OK, so any idea of how the OAP works? I'm sure this part is not included in the flight manual yet.

OAP is Offset Aim Point, it's the offset added into your current SPI.

if enabled, WCS is targeting coord SPI + OAP.

Edited by L0op8ack

Well, seems like no beta update this week lads. More time to polish those textures.

3dkLGMA.png

Also, did they fix the pilot bug as well? When I eject from the Pakistan livery jet, the pilot skin changes from green to blue.

Edited by Terrorban

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Guys I have a question about 802AKG. First of all - awesome weapon, first of this type in DCS ever.

But is it possible to lock a target when you see it in camera, or you need to control the missile all the way to the target?

And does 802AKG has any mode for Automatic target recognition (ATR)? Thanks!

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Guys I have a question about 802AKG. First of all - awesome weapon, first of this type in DCS ever.

But is it possible to lock a target when you see it in camera, or you need to control the missile all the way to the target?

And does 802AKG has any mode for Automatic target recognition (ATR)? Thanks!

If you aim at the target and press "target lock" it should guide itself for the last bit.

or u know....just leave it pointed in a direction for a bit. let it get closer. rest your hand in the meantime. and then nudge it to center mass during the final stretch.

It can automatically lock. Even better to do absolutely nothing and enjoy the view. A lot of fun in the MITL instant action because you are almost always late and arrive after IL-76 takes off, and you approach from directly behind it’s take off path, it’s perfect. Or you know anti AWACS....https://streamable.com/63ugr

I tried the OAP function last night with GB-6. Setting it to a bearing and a number of feet, and then pressing OAP On In weapon CNTL menu, still seemed it went directly for SPI. Must be something wrong

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I'm kinda surprised that we ain't getting beta update this week, seeing it's a newly released plane and Deka managed to fix a longggg list of bugs a few days after release, I was actually expecting to have more than one patch within a week.

I'm kinda surprised that we ain't getting beta update this week, seeing it's a newly released plane and Deka managed to fix a longggg list of bugs a few days after release, I was actually expecting to have more than one patch within a week.

Something tells me that ED will do just one big open beta update before Christmas and then we will have to wait till next year.

Dear Deka Ironworks, I just want to say that your module is amazing, top-notch work. Even if there are some bugs, you'll work them out soon and everything will be awesome.

I absolutely love your idea of using mark points from F10 map prior takeoff and uploading them to data cartridge. However since in MP, these mark points are shared between players, will it cause a problem uploading coordinates if there are ten "PP1" mark points from different people. I haven't played in MP in JF17 yet, so if there is a solution to this then awesome if not then I have a suggestion for a possible solution. To differentiate which mark points belong to whom how about including a call sign. So it would look something like this "PP1 104" or "PP2 Uzi 11" something like that. This way my JF 17 will upload only those mark points that belong to me.

Just a thought.

Anyone tried the campaign yet? I keep failing the first mission because of jettisoning my ordinance after re tasking. Took my a while to get the GPS coords right. And damn setting the right barometric altitude for CCIP without AGR in Georgian mountains is hard!

Also, I read a CFD analysis of the DSI at AIAA(American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronomics) that incorporated the passive bleed air system and it mentioned that the inlets of the passive bleed air system is connected to the outlets using a chamber of fixed pressure. What I can’t find in the paper is where the outlet it. My suspicion is the outlet of the passive bleed air system are the larger grids holes on the outside of the intake behind the lip, with the smaller grid holes around the DSI bump being exclusively the inlet. I also wonder how the pressure works, to passively keep the pressure low enough at the outlet to draw air in. I guess the larger holes at the exit compared to inlet partially cause that.

If anyone is interested I believe the first study without passive bleed system is free, but you have to pay to see all of the one with passive bleed air system incorporated.

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Anyone tried the campaign yet? I keep failing the first mission because of jettisoning my ordinance after re tasking. Took my a while to get the GPS coords right. And damn setting the right barometric altitude for CCIP without AGR in Georgian mountains is hard!

Also, I read a CFD analysis of the DSI at AIAA that incorporated the passive bleed air system and it mentioned that the inlets of the passive bleed air system is connected to the outlets using a chamber of fixed pressure. What I can’t find in the paper is where the outlet it. My suspicion is the outlet of the passive bleed air system are the larger grids holes on the outside of the intake behind the lip, with the smaller grid holes around the DSI bump being exclusively the inlet. I also wonder how the pressure works, to passively keep the pressure low enough at the outlet to draw air in. I guess the larger holes at the exit compared to inlet partially cause that.

If anyone is interested I believe the first study without possible bleed system is free, but you have to pay to see all of the one with passive bleed air system incorporated.

Hi @AeriaGloria

I'm JF17 Campaign Producer

Can you explain the details of your first question?

It’s not really a problem. Going to try it again tonight.

Basically I used as little ordinance as possible, had lots of bombs left over when done with the range. After the re tasking back towards Tblisi(don’t want to give anything away) I jettisoned my ground ordinance and got the message “unauthorized weapon use mission failure.” I just wondered if there was some way I could get myself cleaner without failing, like dropping all my bombs on one pass.

While it seemed like a serious situation I’m sure that in real life you would only jettison bombs and rocket pods in an extreme emergency and certainly be careful not to do so over friendly territory. So I understand if that’s realistic at that point in the mission. I should probably just deal with it:)

Even though I have yet to finish the first mission, it is really fun, I really enjoy the depth and detailed briefing especially on the other single missions. I look forward to playing the rest immensely! Thank you!

Edited by AeriaGloria

It’s not really a problem. Going to try it again tonight.

Basically I used as little ordinance as possible, had lots of bombs left over when done with the range. After the re tasking back towards Tblisi(don’t want to give anything away) I jettisoned my ground ordinance and got the message “unauthorized weapon use mission failure.” I just wondered if there was some way I could get myself cleaner without failing, like dropping all my bombs on one pass.

While it seemed like a serious situation I’m sure that in real life you would only jettison bombs and rocket pods in an extreme emergency and certainly be careful not to do so over friendly territory. So I understand if that’s realistic at that point in the mission. I should probably just deal with it:)

Even though I have yet to finish the first mission, it is really fun, I really enjoy the depth and detailed briefing especially on the other single missions. I look forward to playing the rest immensely! Thank you!

I already know there is a problem with the ability to discard redundant weapons in triggers. However, there is no plan for modification at present, because it needs to wait for the aircraft module programmer to check the issue that the "drop weapon" function is recognized as "launch weapon" by the editor before making appropriate modification.

We can only recommend not to discard unused weapons during the mission. However, I will consider modifying it later to remove the current arms control restrictions when the part III stage scenario is launched.

At present, only a small part of the campaign has been released, mainly in terms of time work. In the future, I will continue to increase the content of the campaign. The whole campaign will include about 10 to 12 tasks. Thank you for your advice.

Does the campaign require understanding of all the available weapons or can I just jump in and systems are explained as needed per scenario?

I just finished the first mission. It was very fun, I was able to jettison my weapons I just had to do it at the right time when I was cleared to drop ordinance.

TB I feel that the campaign is a middle ground. You don’t have to be an expert on the plane, the first mission has you using unguided munitions mostly, and the other thing you need to know for the first campaign mission is replacing a waypoint. The hardest part of that is getting the coordinates right with the amount of needed zeros, I don’t speak GPS very well. But the DST page is simple and easy to use