Changing Aircraft Loadouts

Good Evening,

Many many Moons ago......when FC3 was called "lOCK ON"(yup, that long ago) i got into a conversation with a very helpful lady called "Kat". She showed me how to change the weapon loadouts on the (then) LockOn aircraft. I had huge fun with a Mig29 and KhL missiles doing single player anti ship missions…. Well, i wanted to try the same thing again now that i've "got back into" DCS ,but, i can't find the relevant listings to see the weapon loadouts. Can anyone give me a hand. Its not that difficult to do if i remember correctly(not all changes work of course) but i would like to go back to my old Mig loadout and give the A10a x4 sidewinders (i'm doing a SP mission with lots of AI helicopters…). My "fear" or rather "worry" is that it is no longer possible...though i WAS looking at the F18 and did see the pylon loadouts so it SHOULD be possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks for answering if you do, and thanks for reading this. If a Moderator believes its in the wrong place do let me know!!

thanks!!!

There are 2 ways to do what you want.

1) If you start the mission on the ground with a cold / dark aircraft, once you've turned on the power press \-->F8-->F1 to get the ground crew to rearm / refuel your aircraft. You can right-click on each individual pilon to ask for whatever weapons you want, subject to any mission restrictions.

2) if you can open the mission in the mission editor, find your flight, left click on it and on the right hand side of the screen you should see options for adding / altering waypoints. To the right of the waypoint planning tab is a loadout tab where you can again adjust your loadout.

With regards to loadouts, weapon restrictions by aircraft types have become a lot more realistic since the days of Lock On. So, no more MiGs or Sukhois with guided air to ground missiles. As far as I'm aware you should still be able to carry 4 x AIM-9's on the A-10A.

Hope this helps.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.