How about a Mirage 2000N or D?

TWBec0ke

As a guy who is in deep love with the Mirage 2000C I was wondering if the Idea came around about making a double seat variant? And preferibly one with A/G capabilities.

So there are the N version whichw as Introduced 1986 and was basically a Nuclear strike aircraft. Mildly interesting because there is no real objective for it in MP as nuclear weapons are mostly banned from it.

The D version was an upgrade based on the N with improved Systems and designed as a long range precision strike aircraft with conventional weapons. It was also able to carry a Lasingpod for laserguided bombs. It was introduced to service in 1991 and is upgraded still in service.

As a question you could ask if it's not too new, thus really ahrd to get Data for it (especially because its not an export aircraft).

But it would be really interesting because:

1. it would be the first double seat attack aircraft (you could count the f14 into that aswell...)

and 2. alot of systems are already there from the C versions and you could only tweak the Flightmodel.

So @RAZBAM please please make one of those! :D

any comments or do you think it's a bad idea?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.twitch.tv/ec0ke :pilotfly:

I'd love to see one of the A/G Mirage 2000's, but I bet it is a lot more complicated than it sounds. Can guarantee that it will be a new module too...but I'd buy it :)

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

ec0ke;3115397']2. alot of systems are already there from the C versions and you could only tweak the Flightmodel.

Not quite true, the FM would still change a lot, the systems are very different : Different INS, different radar, Targeting pod, different wearpon managment, navigator/armament officer cockpit...

That is, like said above, a whole new plane. I'm still interested in it but I don't think data will be easy to found, even harder than for the 2000C.

But one can hope :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Not enough declassified info out there to do those versions justice I think. Those are very powerful variants that can carry the MICA missiles I believe for Air to Air.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Not quite true, the FM would still change a lot, the systems are very different : Different INS, different radar, Targeting pod, different wearpon managment, navigator/armament officer cockpit...

I never said it will be fast. I know there are a lot of new systems aswell. But I'd say the general airodynamics would be close enough so you don't have to do a FM from ground on. And there are for example the Magaic and the missilewarning system which is the same.

And ofc it would be a new module. I'd also pay for it with a smile as the quality of the C version is really good.

Edited by [TWB]ec0ke

I´d be great to have the D version, it cant carry MICAs as far as I know, only "magics", we dont need the flight model to be 100% accurate just a few tweaks from the C version would do the job, just conventional weaponry.

ec0ke;3115605']I think that's the 2000-5 version. the A/G versions can carry only Magics

I think the 2000D can carry the MICA IR but not the EM because the radar isn't any good for A/A. Might be mistaking.

Isn't DCS about dreams ? :pilotfly:

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167480

the 2000D is flyable in ADA Mod. look so nice.

also it use the same cockpit as the 2000 C RDI.

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

ec0ke;3115605']I think that's the 2000-5 version. the A/G versions can carry only Magics

Nope. Both have recieved upgrades that allow them to carry this missile.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/16727/French_Air_Force_Mirage_2000_Upgrade_Nearly_Similar_To_That_Of_IAF_Mirages#.WPnH0kWGPRY

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

not yet in my opinion. 55 M2000D will receive upgrades, first upgraded to be delivered in 2019. French Air Force has around 70 M2000D (don't know exactly how many are operationnal at the moment). Among these only 15 are "full options" (L16, Rover, GBU49 capability etc...), so they can be engaged in complex theatre. For now, the others are quite differents from each other.

The upgrade will :

1/ Add Mica IR, canon pod and and some others stuffs

2/ upgrade avionics

3/ Homogenize most of the fleet to the same standard

Edited by gpelfort

oh yea considering M2000-5 is entirely off the table, if we cant have a more capable BVR and modern multirole M2000,

then id love to see a Strike Mirage. the M2000D to compliment the 2000C, and ofc even if it would end up being a older, vanilla service model without any latest upgrades. I mean If there is enough data, and/or if Razbam could get license for it, that be great.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

not yet in my opinion. 55 M2000D will receive upgrades, first upgraded to be delivered in 2019. French Air Force has around 70 M2000D (don't know exactly how many are operationnal at the moment). Among these only 15 are "full options" (L16, Rover, GBU49 capability etc...), so they can be engaged in complex theatre. For now, the others are quite differents from each other.

The upgrade will :

1/ Add Mica IR, canon pod and and some others stuffs

2/ upgrade avionics

3/ Homogenize most of the fleet to the same standard

That's it, until the upgrade is completed, the Mirage 2000 D can only use the Magic 2. The upgrade will allow Mica IR use.

Not enough data available to do the Mirage 2000D in DCS IMHO...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The title of this article is wrong, nothing in common between th IAF Mirage 2000 I upgrade (roughly a Mirage 2000-5 Mk2 with RDY-2 radar) and Mirage 2000D upgrade which will keep most of its weapon system and its Antilope V TFR radar.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It would probably be the earliest version. Dcs models are mostly focused on one version. Like for example the a10c isn't the most modern one. And with an older version it woud be "easier" to get to data and stuff.

And yes it would be an awsome complement to the C. They flew in such groups in the east. C played GBU-Truck

It's unlikely to see -D variant. It's based on the -N which is dedicated to the nuclear strike mission. Therefore it's navigation and weapon systems are still classified (that's a reason why it was never exported) . Moreover they are equipped with a radar dedicated to AG and ED is still developing those functionality.

Envoyé de mon D5803 en utilisant Tapatalk

• 1 year later...