Mission Editor - DO script File - Issue

xXMustangXx

Hello,

when I update/modify a script file (Lua) on Note pad or even on Notepad++ and want to update the mission on the ME, when I go to upload the script file clicking "open" on the editor The newly saved Lua File does not appears on the add on window. I tried going up one folder and going back. I tried saving the script on a complete different folder, the mission editor just does not see the recently saved Lua file.

Is it just me that this is happening to? is it a Bug? Is there a work around or a proper way of loading the recently modified/saved Lua file?

Thanks!!

Check if the script file is within C:\Users\[username]\AppData ... it is a hidden folder, so you may need to ask windows to show hidden files.

The file may be there if it was edited on a protected location of windows (like \program files\ )

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Close all open windows in the ME so that you are just looking at the map. Then open the triggers window back up and try to load the script again.

Also, check the the script file has actually been given the .lua extension, and is saved in the correct folder.

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

Checked all that.

Files ares visible on windows. Folder not set to Hidden. Is just inside the ME window to add file that it does not show.

The only thing I can think off is that the ME is not seeing the file as an actual Lua File. Even though has a **.Lua extension in windows.

Is there specific requirements when editing in notepad or notepad++ when saving the file other than changing the .TXT to .Lua? What about "encoding"? by default come out as UTF-8, is that ok?

Thanks for the replies!

OK!!

Figured it out!!

Turns out the ME is Capital Sensitive on the Lua extension, and even though the wright name is Lua, the extension needs to be lua in order to be seen by DCS ME.

And there it is, DO NOT name you files ***.Lua

Hope this helps someone else down the road!

Figured it out!!

Turns out the ME is Capital Sensitive on the Lua extension ...

Thanks for the tip, didnt knew that.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB