Flashlight of the Hornet only renders one eye after last update

fagulha

Hi,

the tittle says it all. When in VR and turn up the flashlight it only renders one eye making look its flickering, i need to close one eye to see the light as it should be.

Anyone notice or with similiar issue?

Thank you.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• ED Team

Hi

Check special options and makes sure HMD render both eyes is selected, this should help.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

Check special options and makes sure HMD render both eyes is selected, this should help.

thanks

Hi BIGNEWY,

yes, i have that option always to BOTH since it was available in Options.

This weekend i have more time for me and i will try to understand where lies the problem.

Just wanted to check if someone have the same issue. It´s not a big deal but of course i rather wish to have the flashlight as before :)

Best regards and thank you,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• ED Team

Hi

I checked mine, as long as I have render in both eyes ticked in options I se it in both eyes in cockpit.

Let me know how you get on after you try.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

Problem persists with new update 2.5.6. Flashlight and taxi lights render both eyes but the right eye image is cut in half creating a weird effect.

Hi,

the tittle says it all. When in VR and turn up the flashlight it only renders one eye making look its flickering, i need to close one eye to see the light as it should be.

Anyone notice or with similiar issue?

Thank you.

F.

You are not alone. If you create an autoexec.cfg file and place it in your saved games/dcsopenbeta/config folder, make sure to include the following line:

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = TRUE

This is backwards logic, as prior to 2.5.6 it needed to be = false (to render all objects in both eyes).

Hi

I checked mine, as long as I have render in both eyes ticked in options I see it in both eyes in cockpit.

thanks

Please see my above "tip" for the OP. I have messaged you and NineLine about this, on Discord and if I am not mistaken, here on the forums. I have confirmed it multiple times.

With it set to "true" the flashlight doesn't render in both eyes, with it set to "false" the flashlight does render in both eyes - but then distance objects (aircraft contrails for example) do not render in both eyes.

Prior to 2.5.6, all objects were rendered in both eyes with the following logic:

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Ziptie
EDIT:

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

+1 Same issue here as well, but I also get it with other lights too.

External view looking at my aircraft in the 9 O'clock position facing to the 3 O'clock position. The landing light is projected out from 9 to 3 correctly in the left eye, but only the right half of the 12 - 6 line shows it in the right eye.

Unfortunately, I can't get you screenshots of the right eye :(

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

I checked mine, as long as I have render in both eyes ticked in options I se it in both eyes in cockpit.

thanks

Update:

The logic is actually still reversed..... Argh. Multitude of testing today, and the carrier still causes a memory leak. We have had to remove it from our server once again..... Although it was fine for awhile, but then after a handful of hours, it decided to spike server memory usage and poof. Crash.

In regards to the logic for rendering in both eyes, is has to still be coded as:

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

in order for both eyes to render things at distance (like cons from an aircraft). This still makes it so the flashlight in the F/A-18C cockpit, for example, is only rendered in one eye.

What is going on with this.....? @bignewy @nineline

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • ED Team

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true  

is w.i.p and experimental, if you are using it in your autoexec it should be disabled for bug reporting, as we know there is issues when using it. 

• 4 weeks later...