[ALREADY REPORTED]SA Page Symbology doesn't respect True North Setting except Map

Gnabbla

I'm using the True North Mode in the HSI.

When I do select the SA Page and select the Map. The Map itself stays fixed (according to the True North) but everything else (Waypoints, Sam Sites, Aircrafts...) rotates relative to my heading.

Meaning that when I fly south to a waypoint south of me, it's is located in the North on my SA Page which becomes quite confusing.

• ED Team

Hi

I am unable to reproduce, everything looks normal for me.

Can you remove any unofficial mods ( if any )

run a cleanup and repair ( or verify for steam )

And test again.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Firstly, the thread title is misleading. The SA page does in fact respect True North setting. I think what he meant was the N UP setting.

Thread title should be "SA page symbology doesn't respect N UP setting except MAP".

Well I played back this track. No mods installed. OB 2.5.5.38140. And I can confirm obviously there's something wrong in the SA page while the HSI is set to N UP mode.

Also tested with own new mission from the Mission Editor and the same results are found.

If you set HSI mode to N UP, switch to SA page and turn on the MAP, when you turn, the compass rose and corresponding waypoint data is NOT supposed to turn. The map image layer respects the N UP setting as it should, but the compass rose and corresponding waypoint data turns as if in T UP mode. They too are supposed to be fixed in this mode, and instead the ownship marker should turn.

So theres a bug in the SA page symbology display while HSI is set to N UP.

Everything works correctly in the HSI page.

@Gnabbla, good find!

@BIGNEWY, please check again and confirm.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

• ED Team

Thanks for the PM.

Yes it looks like I miss understood the problem.

This has been reported already, thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2