Warthog throttle does not sync when cold start

Chump

The stupid flaps and idle detent do not register when you cold start the A-10C. We've all known this for a while, and it has to do with how the buttons are set up by default. I got tired of constantly flipping my flaps switch up and throttles to the stop position each time I cold-started a mission.

I searched a bit and didn't come up with an answer. If it's been covered before, I apologize.

I am currently using a custom script to handle events (missile trainer, etc. since I mostly solo). I made a new handler for S_EVENT_TOOK_CONTROL:

if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_TOOK_CONTROL then

Inside of that, I simply checked to ensure that you are actually in an A-10C:

if string.upper(event.initiator:getDesc().typeName) == "A-10C" then

I have a function as follows that will handle the needed click event:

function click(dev, cmd, arg)
 GetDevice(dev):performClickableAction(cmd, arg)
end

And now the click commands that I want to execute in the cockpit when I join:

click(39, 3002, 0) -- flaps up
click(1, 3017, 0) -- l eng start off
click(1, 3018, 0) -- r eng start off

This simulates the flaps key being put into the upper/raised position, as well as each throttle being pulled back over the idle detent.

It seems to work great. When I now join a cold start mission, my WH throttle is actually in sync with the cockpit.

Thoughts/comments welcome. :pilotfly:

There's a check box in the game settings of DCS that will sync controls too.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Similar in the Viper. If i already have the throttles back over the idle detent, before a cold start, i have to move them forward and back again, to "wake them up".

I haven't noticed the same problem with the flaps switch though, even though i use that for the power master switch.

I've always had to push the throttles into idle after in the plane on a cold start as the switch seems to need to "arm" first. Lately I've been having a problem where my throttle wants to go to full power in a hot started plane, I have to have my brakes on and move the throttle around idle to get it to come down. If I don't move the throttle from idle at all the plane goes into full AB. Only in a hot started plane though.