DCS is down or some maintenance going on ?

user-3579

What a shame was really looking forward to trying the VR improvements

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

You guys are so smart, but yet seem so confused on whats happening.

There is a update to the game today.

So updates to Open Beta also cause the non-beta version to go down?

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

Actually the OP said they were on stable, not beta.
But today's update was meant to be definitely OB.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Get really fed up watching keyboard warriors bash ED each time something doesn’t go to plan. We are probably playing one of if not the most complicated game/sim on the market. I have a lot of money invested in this sim but it’s hardly life and death if things don’t work out at times. Patience is a virtue.

There was an server hick up about 830pm AUEDT tp about 945pm even the offical website was throwing a settings.php error, n the like, then with nineline saying something went wrong with the build I wonder if the two are related, who knows..

But yeah you couldn't get dcs to auth for a while because of it.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Get really fed up watching keyboard warriors bash ED each time something doesn’t go to plan. We are probably playing one of if not the most complicated game/sim on the market. I have a lot of money invested in this sim but it’s hardly life and death if things don’t work out at times. Patience is a virtue.

I couldn't agree more. This is when I distance myself from the forums, because people like that really piss me off so I can't imagine how ED/3rd-Party Devs feel. People don't realize in software development things happen. Some are actually saying they still should've released the update. Release an update even though there's a major issue with it. That doesn't even make sense. Just wait and chill.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I couldn't agree more. This is when I distance myself from the forums, because people like that really piss me off so I can't imagine how ED/3rd-Party Devs feel. People don't realize in software development things happen. Some are actually saying they still should've released the update. Release an update even though there's a major issue with it. That doesn't even make sense. Just wait and chill.

People want instant gratification and could give a damn about issues that arise in the process. At least ED is willing to put the brakes on something if it isn't working right or refocus to fix an issue asap. The same can't be said for a lot of other software dev's for other games on the market.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

People want instant gratification and could give a damn about issues that arise in the process. At least ED is willing to put the brakes on something if it isn't working right or refocus to fix an issue asap. The same can't be said for a lot of other software dev's for other games on the market.

Or software in general. Reference Microsoft Win10 updates the past 6+ months.

I'm sure ED is doing the best they can with the resources they have.

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

Oh noes, something is wrong on Saturn 3!

giphy.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

How is waiting for an update that was scheduled for 5.22 - delayed. Ok understandable things happen. Pushed to 5.29. Delayed again and pushed to 6.5. Ok - things happen again. Now receive obscure re-post from Nineline through another user starting yes - issue found late. So now delayed again - but your are right things happen. Just seem to again and again and again.

How is waiting for an update that was scheduled for 5.22 - delayed. Ok understandable things happen. Pushed to 5.29. Delayed again and pushed to 6.5. Ok - things happen again. Now receive obscure re-post from Nineline through another user starting yes - issue found late. So now delayed again - but your are right things happen. Just seem to again and again and again.

Welcome to the wide wide world of DCS...:smilewink:

Its annoying but it happens from time to time.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So what we need to say about update-not today...again.

Quick get the torches and pitchforks! :music_whistling:

giphy.gif

But the last two delays was because of a 3rd party module not being ready/working for/with version 2.5.5. So technically this is a new reason for the delay.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

But the last two delays was because of a 3rd party module not being ready/working for/with version 2.5.5. So technically this is a new reason for the delay.

Well, we don't know that its not a problem with the 3rd party thing one way or the other... Quick lets all speculate wildly due to no information! :D

DCS is down or some maintenance going on ?

Another reason to communicate effectively is to reduce speculation. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Well, we don't know that its not a problem with the 3rd party thing one way or the other... Quick lets all speculate wildly due to no information! :D

Could be, but i don't think so. Wags said they will release this patch this time if the 3r party module is working or not. But heh, maybe the latest fix for that module screwed everything up....:music_whistling: Who knows, who cares....

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3937284&postcount=27

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]