Syrian Map Discussion

ghashpl

Ive read thru the release notes and skimmed thru some threads, but I cant find any info as to why I dont have any "Instant Action" ability with any of the modules I have? The page is BLANK when I click on the Syrian Map icon? No ready on Ramp, Free Flight etc available for me to load up and do a test run?

1971408953_InstantAction.png.889e0ac3f694c0ddced333f80f20ed95.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive read thru the release notes and skimmed thru some threads, but I cant find any info as to why I dont have any "Instant Action" ability with any of the modules I have? The page is BLANK when I click on the Syrian Map icon? No ready on Ramp, Free Flight etc available for me to load up and do a test run?

You’ll have to do like the rest of us open up the mission editor and invent a couple objects of flight vehicles onto the ramp or on the ground and put on client or player and do it that way

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Ahh,, ok,, I was expecting I would not have to do that because I read in another thread, someone mentioned that they just jumped into Instant Action with their F-14 and provided their opinion.He obviously mis-spoke. Thanks for the response.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ahh,, ok,, I was expecting I would not have to do that because I read in another thread, someone mentioned that they just jumped into Instant Action with their F-14 and provided their opinion.He obviously mis-spoke. Thanks for the response.
there are a bunch of instant action missions with the F-14 with the Syria map. I think it is the only aircraft that has, so he was correct.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

It runs fine. Beautiful map.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

General consensuses seems to be that this map performs well. Is anyone running this with 16GB of system RAM?

(i7-4790, GTX 1080-8GB, 16GB system RAM)

16GB here.

I love the map, but at 30,000 feet it's like flying over a plate of mush. Not only are there no textures, but the green hues disappear into the distance. I think that at high altitude, in the absence of textures, it would be necessary to resort to an orthophoto.

It also depends on the configuration of each user. My Computer is very fair.

Medium / low height is perfect.

Edited by La Unión | Atazar

16GB here.

I love the map, but at 30,000 feet it's like flying over a plate of mush.

Medium / low height is perfect.

I agree. Overall the map looks OK, but something feels weird.

Also I know the area in the north of Israel quite well (travel around there often), I'm a bit surprised by some of the missing landmarks. Acre looks weird, would have expected a bit more detail around this historically important landmark.

The Carmel mountain area is usually pretty green but I feel like it's a bit too brown/washed out on this map.

The Kinneret (sea of Galilee) feels very... tiny? The area to the north of it (upwards of the Hula nature reserve) is not really that recognizable.

Houses look bland, and the colors feel washed out. Persian Gulf suffers from the same problem. Almost as if they forgot to texture them. I'm not sure how to explain this.

I think in general the map is OK and happy that you brought this map into DCS!

Please take this as constructive criticism. Hope it will be improved. Might add some more remarks later when I have had some time flying over these specific areas.

> Edit: sea of galilee is actually ok :) weird, been doing a lot of msfs lately, scale feels different :)

Edited by dikkeduif

I'm running on a 4930k @ 4.8ghz and 32GB of RAM with around 62GB/s bandwidth and a 1080ti @ 2.1ghz running at 4k. I'm getting way better framerates and frametimes than any other map in DCS. Mind you, the map was quite empty as I haven't built any missions yet.

Framerates were around 70-80 on the ground, 60-90 in the air, and in the 50s flying low over highly populated cities like Beirut and Damascus. This map uses a lot of memory though and was hitting around 25GB of system RAM. VRAM was pegged at 99-100% like always on DCS with anything.

Edited by RSharpe

The syria map is awesome but the DCS background wallpaper is ugly as hell.

I agree! The wallpaper of the main menu is ugly. :music_whistling:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I agree! The wallpaper of the main menu is ugly. :music_whistling:

Probably it is just a placeholder

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Loving the map! What I've seen so far is simply astounding. There's going to be sooo much to explore there. Amazing job, Ugra!

Performance wise, it's running a little on the low end for me, with 25ish FPS in Damaskus (Hornet, 1000 ft AGL) and 30ish in Beirut, but a lot better outside these metropolitan areas. However, it actually runs better than I thought it would, and I haven't perceived any of the microstutters that I think I saw on some of the recent preview videos.

All things considered, this looks to be a great map! :thumbup:

Really enjoying the map!

Low and slow over Haifa and Beruit in the Yak I'm seeing mid-40s FPS. At altitude 50-60-70+. Over an hour of flying - zero stuttering. Set up is 4K, high most things, no anti-aliasing except anis, TrackIR on 10700K and 2070S.

We'll see how it goes when I get more time to play and fly more complicated aircraft and missions but if this is the starting place I doubt it'll be an issue.

Edited by reece146

Some first impressions after one session, for what they're worth:

LOTS of amazing detail. :thumbup:

LOTS of shimmering. I play DCS at full 4K with MSAA set to "0" and I'd have to say that, out of Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Nevada, and Syria maps... Syria is my worst looking map in terms of shimmering... it's pretty bad.

This third impression isn't backed up by hours of flying, so don't take it too seriously... but the textures from medium and high altitudes seem a bit bland to me with all settings on high.

Performance is the lowest of the four maps I own, but probably to be expected given the MASSIVE amount of objects/details.

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Some first impressions after one session, for what they're worth:

LOTS of amazing detail. :thumbup:

LOTS of shimmering. I play DCS at full 4K with MSAA set to "0" and I'd have to say that, out of Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Nevada, and Syria maps... Syria is my worst looking map in terms of shimmering... it's pretty bad.

This third impression isn't backed up by hours of flying, so don't take it too seriously... but the textures from medium and high altitudes seem a bit bland to me with all settings on high.

Performance is the lowest of the four maps I own, but probably to be expected given the MASSIVE amount of objects/details.

I don't think the shimmering is because of the new map. I just noticed it while playing the Georgia map earlier today.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

The map is simply amazing. So much detail...

Great work, really.

FPS in VR is not worth talking about, because it sometimes feels more like a slide show, but given the amount of little objects and details its quite allright.

@MAESTR0 you guys managed to establish a new standard for DCS Maps.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...