Syrian Map Discussion

ghashpl

Looks like Syria map is still being developed.

In the video below by Matt Wagner if you go to 4:48 you will see Syria map at the bottom of the mission files. It is dated April 20th 2020

Yes a misson file, but it wasn't in his list of available maps when he started in the mission editor. The channel map was.... no Marianas either....

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes a misson file, but it wasn't in his list of available maps when he started in the mission editor. The channel map was.... no Marianas either....

Finally someone who is abble to see the bigger picture. Thanks dude

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

Wags has the map "disconected".... on module manager appears 26 modules / campaign non installed. Meanwhile, has installed A-10C-2, L-39 MAC (Modern Air Combat), Mi-24P, Mosquito FB, P-47, etc.

There may be multiple development builds used for different stages of testing (e.g. a release candidate build and a devlopment build, and perhaps one for Vulkan testing and one for integration into a new smart toast iron), so the fact that you don't see a certain terrain in the mission creation dialog in a video demonstrating a new module means nothing.

There may be multiple development builds used for different stages of testing (e.g. a release candidate build and a devlopment build, and perhaps one for Vulkan testing and one for integration into a new smart toast iron), so the fact that you don't see a certain terrain in the mission creation dialog in a video demonstrating a new module means nothing.

You are also right my friend, but does anyone saw anything about that map from period od viper introducing video where syrian map were shown? No. So till we see any good prove that this is still live project it is our right to think of it as a dead project. Do not take any of this personal or so serious, we are here to exchange our opinions based on what we saw in past few months.

106_47.jpg

Exchanging opinions is fine, but you have to realize that not all opinions have equal value. If I have to choose between what BIGNEWY or someone else from ED or a 3rd party dev. writes about the status of a project, or the uninformed opinions of people with no insight into the development of a module, I'll stick with the official news.

I'm not pointing at anyone in particular here, but the ammount of Dunning-Kruger symptoms some users show in in these forums is borderline painful. Good thing I'm already a misanthrope...

Such a professional 3rd party. We can only try to guess what they are doing.

This section was opened one year ago. And none of the team members didn't bother to enter a single word. And we intend to buy products from them. Shame on us

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

And none of the team members didn't bother to enter a single word. And we intend to buy products from them. Shame on us

Not sure about how your intellect equates team member saying something (or nothing at all) with you purchasing a map (or not purchasing it). Very confusing...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Exchanging opinions is fine, but you have to realize that not all opinions have equal value. If I have to choose between what BIGNEWY or someone else from ED or a 3rd party dev. writes about the status of a project, or the uninformed opinions of people with no insight into the development of a module, I'll stick with the official news.

I'm not pointing at anyone in particular here, but the ammount of Dunning-Kruger symptoms some users show in in these forums is borderline painful. Good thing I'm already a misanthrope...

Point at me bro i dont have problems with that. Yeah it is better to stick to the statments of officials than to some disapointed guy who want that syrian map more than any other module ever made. I would even pay for ugra-media web site to be online again just if they would update any info about progress of that map.

106_47.jpg

Not sure about how your intellect equates team member saying something (or nothing at all) with you purchasing a map (or not purchasing it). Very confusing...

maybe some trust? how can I know that they will fix a bug (certainly there will be much) without knowing even who they are? What would you react heatblur or even ED itself wouldn't write anything to these boards? what would you think?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Wondering If we could get an option to erase all labeling, lines in this map once released... That woul be useful for mission making.

We already got that option, as you see there no labeling, no lines no map... all is clear

106_47.jpg

their website was not renewed..they don't own the ugra-media.ru anymore, they don't say anything, they don't show anything and ED is keeping their mouth shut more or less. Strange, to say at least...

their website was not renewed..they don't own the ugra-media.ru anymore, they don't say anything, they don't show anything and ED is keeping their mouth shut more or less. Strange, to say at least...

Have you even read the last couple of pages on this thread??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Strange? That sounds like very typical ED behavior to me.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Found this on Reddit https://i.imgur.com/lAKVg8M.jpg

oh wow. i seriously did not realize how big cyprus is. now it makes more sense to me, why they decided not to include it.

related to that: which of the airports in the map would be realistic / plausible for US airforce jets to operate from?

jordan is probably a safe bet. israel surely plausible at least. what about turkey?

Very happy with Syria being added,

would also love Cyprus, Sinai, Suez, and Straights of Tiran to really close it out and be the be all end all map for that "area" of the world.

Wait, this isn't going all the way down to Sinai and Suez? A pity...... :cry:

I was about to preorder this, day one... i mean, this seriously restricts the amount of conflicts one can simulate in the area.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Wait, this isn't going all the way down to Sinai and Suez? A pity...... :cry:

I was about to preorder this, day one... i mean, this seriously restricts the amount of conflicts one can simulate in the area.

If that was meant as a joke, I don't get it.

Let's just imagine all the things we can't do with the Marianas map if it doesn't span to Australia and Japan... :music_whistling:

Anyway, with what I've seen so far from the new map, it certainly will be a day one purchase for me.

Concur!

If that was meant as a joke, I don't get it.

Let's just imagine all the things we can't do with the Marianas map if it doesn't span to Australia and Japan... :music_whistling:

Anyway, with what I've seen so far from the new map, it certainly will be a day one purchase for me.

Yep, I think this map is a perfect fit for DCS. Yes, some people will be restricted in recreating historically accurate conflicts while others will just enjoy creating their own conflicts, accurate or not. Don't blame me, I fly modern aircraft in DCS Channel map as well :)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta