x52. Can't modify all buttons in DCS on x52

Hey all. I'm an experienced x52 user and have fully mapped everything in other games/sims before. For some reason, when I'm in DCS I can't seem to mod or set all of the buttons on my x52. I can set most on the flight stick but on the throttle (left hand x52) I can't set the Rotaries, Fire E button, or the precisions slide at all. Yes they all work, yes they all respond in other programs, and this must be something I must be missing.

When I'm sitting in my F-5 I can mod almost everytihng on the flight stick when I'm in adjust controls but I can't set anything to the rotaries, Fire E button, or Precision slide at all.

Can anyone please assist me here?

Thank you!

Ok I'll look for axis settings but currently, lets say I change open cockpit to the right stick button you pull up or down....i just go to adjust controls, open canopy, then press add or modify and after I click the button it sticks.

For axis I cant just hit add or modify and just rotate the rotary button and make it stick? Can you elaborate a bit more? It seems like I can only bind "buttons or levers" but not the "STUFF on the x52" that rotates or slides.

Hope that makes sense. TY!

This X-52 rotaries/slider has low resolution on axes (8 bits) and short travel in potentiometers, resulting that DCS controls may don't receive the need information (data) when you move the rotarie/slider in assignment window.

Alternative, in this assignment window you can assign the axis using their names, in the drop down menu at right, labeled key/button - should be key/button/axis:

8vj29lC.jpg

You can pick axes name in Windows Games Controller (joy.cpl).

Hey redman'. I'm drivin' the X-52 as well as I ease into the DCS world. I'll chime in if I discover a way to use our sliders/rotators. Cheers!

Wayne Saint

Gander, Newfoundland, Canada

"Do Unto Others BEFORE They Do Unto You..."

Apache, Comanche, Falcon, Hind, Intruder, Lightning II

Nighthawk, Rafale, Raptor, Strike Eagle, Tornado, Typhoon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unless something broke, they should work fine. Often you have to cycle through the full range of the control, but yes, you simply click the desired function, cycle the knob or whatever and it should display the axis. I used to use a X52 with DCS.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Well, here's the thing. The axis controls don't work with EVERY command and button. Axis seems to only work with maybe 10% or so of all the options/buttons.

To be specific. I'm now pretty good after some time learning to fly the F-5 and I'm tired of always having to adjust pitch up or down (I think its called elevator trim or something like that officially) by pressing control and . or control and ; - That is tough in VR. I'm trying to make those commands set on some of my sliders/axis or whatever those sliding rotating buttons are.

Please advise. Thank you!

Edited by redmantab
spelling

I hope I 'm not slowing the thread down on something you might of tried all ready down but I used to fly with the X52pro and some of my buttons didn't work till I made a profile in there software like pinky shift button on stick or I think the little button in the middle of the lower axis wheel. The 2 rotary wheels next to the LCD panel are consider button press there are rotary encoders with detents so I used those in the keyboard sections go to lets say flaps down or to change radio freq and scroll the wheel one way and it will populate the button number assignment. Once I had a friend that couldn't assign controls all at once but one function at a time. I know this a different game since 1.5xx but the bug was assign button click ok close the control panel reopen do another function. These are all the things I remember with my x52pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, here's the thing. The axis controls don't work with EVERY command and button. Axis seems to only work with maybe 10% or so of all the options/buttons.

To be specific. I'm now pretty good after some time learning to fly the F-5 and I'm tired of always having to adjust pitch up or down (I think its called elevator trim or something like that officially) by pressing control and . or control and ; - That is tough in VR. I'm trying to make those commands set on some of my sliders/axis or whatever those sliding rotating buttons are.

Please advise. Thank you!

Thanks Brenix I don't think that is what I'm looking for. My buttons are all working, I just need to be able to use rotary/sliders for EVERY type of button.

Still looking for an answer for the above situation. Please advise.

Sorry misunderstood! These can be used as button function. Or every type of button.

Just roll the wheel up for one button and down for another when your in the function window!

picture.php?albumid=1169&pictureid=9942

These are axis section only

picture.php?albumid=1169&pictureid=9943

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I understand the above image that those are for axis section only. Tnx for being so helpful. What i'm asking is can we put certain buttons that AREN'T in the axis section ASSIGNED TO Axis?

To be specific as I stated above - I'm now pretty good after some time learning to fly the F-5 and I'm tired of always having to adjust pitch up or down (To be exact its called elevator trim switch - PULL (Climb) or Push (Descend) on the F5) by pressing control and . or control and ; - That is tough in VR. I'm trying to make those commands set on some of my sliders/axis or whatever those sliding rotating buttons are.

Thank you!

Edited by redmantab

To my knowledge no. Unless ED programs the functions in the axis section axis can not be assigned to the key press function. I understood what you were asking that's why I pointed out the rotary encoders. Its the axis work around for the key press.

second thought, Wondering have you heard of JoytoKey. I have not used it myself but maybe that might be of use. Maybe some on who used it might chime in about axis to key press!

Edited by Brewnix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]