Mission 6 Problem

Hi there!

I seem to be stuck in mission 6.

After dropping off the infantry at the LZ on the mountain,

I fly over the mountain chain and then towards the hairpin bend of the road, to mark the vehicles as targets.

Peter tells me to turn right, but to stay north of the road.

I have already spotted the vehicles on my approach, so I fly towards them as low as possible, using the edge of the forest as cover.

When I reach the red and blue trucks, nothing happens.

What am I supposed to do to continue the mission?

Hi there!

I seem to be stuck in mission 6.

After dropping off the infantry at the LZ on the mountain,

I fly over the mountain chain and then towards the hairpin bend of the road, to mark the vehicles as targets.

Peter tells me to turn right, but to stay north of the road.

I have already spotted the vehicles on my approach, so I fly towards them as low as possible, using the edge of the forest as cover.

When I reach the red and blue trucks, nothing happens.

What am I supposed to do to continue the mission?

Load a picture that shows the way to the LZ (red) and back to red Trucks.

Violet arrows do not belong to you.

Maby you got the wrong ones

828982667_DigitalCombatSimulator29_09.201917_31_44_LI.thumb.jpg.bb9fa09a478c7c0700e113bf0e1a90b3.jpg

Always happy landings ;)

Thank you, those were the wrong vehicles!

I just had fo continue further eastwards, then I found the "correct" ones.

The red/blue trucks were the ones to be marked after the group of vehicles in the east.

I made it out with a few bulletholes and the hydraulic pressure warning light came up, but I managed to get back to Batumi in one piece.

Thanks for your help!

• 2 months later...

Again have to come back after trying a mission, to get intructions and answers to be able to success. Intead of flying.

Its very very frustrating

And im good with helos. Not a total expert, but good

I flied over those vics three times, tree top level, fast.

Nothing happened...

Maybe because the first pass was from W, as i came from the LZ. Maybe it broken some triggers

Snapshot of their location > b2Ze3c8.jpg

But before i had to try to land blind on the mountain.

I mean with almost zero visibility

This is a snapshot. Cant see nothing, and the LZ its more high than where that capture was taken

zgbRWTh.jpg

I dont know about those vehicles, but please. Move up that cloud layer. It only need to be up just a bit.

And for the player to know where to land on the mountain, you can remind him that its the same LZ where you first land on mission 5-1

I know its hard to fine tune those missions, but its getting an average of 4-5 attempts to success. And that after coming to check the forum.

And not because of flying skills

Its a great campaign, and I dont want this to be an easy campaing, but in my humble opinion it only need some fine tunning to be a better player experience.

P.S.: sorry if that may sound rought, im only trying to give some feedback

Edited by Renko

P.S.: sorry if that may sound rought, im only trying to give some feedback

No problem. I totally understand your point.

The bad visibility is the major point in that mission and it depends mainly on your airspeed when getting close to the LZ.

Everything depends on the right way to and from the single tasks.

Ther is a map in that Thread

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249908

pointing out the flightpaths.

Taking off from the LZ 1 you will be guided with headings and tips along the blue line.

Passing very low over the vehicles.

On the way to the west, there are two groups Transport vehicles to overfly and mark with smoke.

When departing westbound, dont't miss the advice to turn south over the mountain ridge for the second part of the mission (Power Line control ).

Just for my information. What is your preferred language? We think about different language support, so the documentation is already available in German.

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Can you please explain what was wrong with this convoi overfly thing ?... Its again a mission where I MUST ask in forum whats wrong, frustrating :( ...

I had no problems with this mission 6 till to that convoid overfly point. More as thousands of shots in my face I dont get if I overfly the convoi :/

Can you please explain what was wrong with this convoi overfly thing ?... Its again a mission where I MUST ask in forum whats wrong, frustrating :( ...

I had no problems with this mission 6 till to that convoid overfly point. More as thousands of shots in my face I dont get if I overfly the convoi :/

got it... must turn left if and only if Peter told "now left"... other things in mission are clear.

got it... must turn left if and only if Peter told "now left"... other things in mission are clear.

Failed the mission because of the convoy?

We learned a lot in the past and such "an ad on" or "gimmick" not crucial for the mission should have no effect on the mission progress.

Always happy landings ;)

not ?... I tried again and again that the Gunner let fall these damned smoke granate and in this time all enemies with a gun on the whole map shot at me :D ..

The situatution was just so simple that I not realized that I have to fly ten second longer over the trees. I assume I came allways with not exact angle over the convoi. I was so frustrated in this moment, therefore the question.

In general the commands in mission 6 are much better understandable as in former missions. Before and after "convoi" all was clear and no retry was necessary.

not ?... I tried again and again that the Gunner let fall these damned smoke granate and in this time all enemies with a gun on the whole map shot at me :D ..

The situatution was just so simple that I not realized that I have to fly ten second longer over the trees. I assume I came allways with not exact angle over the convoi. I was so frustrated in this moment, therefore the question.

In general the commands in mission 6 are much better understandable as in former missions. Before and after "convoi" all was clear and no retry was necessary.

The trigger zone, in that case, is tiny, so you need to overfly them right above, best made from behind or frontal.

Campaign building is also an evolutionary process, so we learned from mission to mission. Many things already added or changed bevor release, many others simply so common we don't realize by ourselves. So we take all user feedback together and go over any single mission and improve everything that's not only necessary, makes sense, or is in an acceptable frame. :thumbup:

Mission 1,2 and 3 will be updated firs, soon.

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 months later...

Landing zone trigger

I've completed mission 6 today on open beta 2.5.6.45915. All trigger zones worked very well. I had some sweaty palms though as I caught several bullets and my left door gunner got killed.

Having landed at the power station, next to the Humvee, the mission didn't finish. I hopped to several spots but the finish didn't trigger. Would you check the trigger zones again, please?

Keep up the good work, I really love this campaign.

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

I've completed mission 6 today on open beta 2.5.6.45915. All trigger zones worked very well. I had some sweaty palms though as I caught several bullets and my left door gunner got killed.

Having landed at the power station, next to the Humvee, the mission didn't finish. I hopped to several spots but the finish didn't trigger. Would you check the trigger zones again, please?

Keep up the good work, I really love this campaign.

Many thanks for the feedback and your bug report. Start the mission 6 overhaul this week and will check that trigger as well. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

• 1 year later...

I finished last part of mission 6, with new clouds/weather is somehow easier because of better visibility. I love the fact that you keep providing small challenges during such long mission so that I never got bored 🙂

Well done!