Bf 109 G and further level flight trim, "zero" trim, dive recover forces, etc DISCUSS - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #41
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingme View Post
The official documents with the testing and the manual stipulate the opposite.
Yeah, because a real pilot flying the real thing back 80 years ago can't be trusted instead of brave couch pilots. Sounds legit.

Quote:
But what bothers me (and others) is the missing elevators trim tabs which allow us to trim the plane (on the ground) but for speeds higher than the cruising speed, for example, going into a shallow dive and maintaining that speed to catch up with the enemy. In the current state, with the trim tab pre-set by Yo-Yo, we cannot do that and it's really frustrating, as I already broke 2 buttons assigned for trimming the nose.
Yeah, because a trim tab which would be a force relief only noticed in FFB is what prevents you from breaking a joystick cause… joysticks breaks like that, right?

Quote:
And second, the trimming is done by using a button instead of an axis.
Yeah, because you have a several some turns device to mimic real trim wheel and so you would never, ever, kinda "cheat" using it from one extreme to another in a second instead of pitifully turning it like the real deal, right?

Yeah, sounds good to me, nobody knows why all those requests are not fulfilled right now, I mean like tomorrow morning. What are they waiting for??

S!
Old 09-18-2019, 04:23 PM   #42
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
Yeah, probably some tests would had been taken back then for sure. But when a real pilot tells you they didn't risk an engine failure that means something.

Anyway who cares real life inside a game, right?

S!
Did this guy was refering to K-4 or to G versions??
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:31 PM   #43
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
Did this guy was refering to K-4 or to G versions??
Old 09-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #44
iFoxRomeo

Quote:
You mean the plane was capable of 1.8ATA with MW50 and it was NEVER used because Erich Brunotte said so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
Yeah, probably some tests would had been taken back then for sure. But when a real pilot tells you they didn't risk an engine failure that means something.

Anyway who cares real life inside a game, right?

S!
Erich said in the video that they avoided using WEP. Just because they were afraid of getting engine problems. He didn´t say they never used it. When they used WEP they tried to use it for a short amount of time only. After a longer flight with WEP they told the mechanics about it so they would check the oil filter, but Erich said that they were wondering about the bearings in the Dora´s engine, because they had no problems with them.

Fox
iFoxRomeo is online now   Reply With Quote