F16 joystick/HOTAS discussion

DeltaMike

I finally attached my FSSB R3L to the chair (Playseat Airforce) - this is how it works:

It's great - I'm waiting for Viper to get used to the new aircraft with the new control ;) My serial number 139 :)

Looks like a nice SOLID setup, would you mind posting some more pics of your mounting? I know the plates that come with the playseat airforce are pretty bendy so you must be using something else.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a dedicated stick design. The whole construction is welded from stainless steel, so it is very stiff. I used the upper holes in the Playseat chair, only gave 8mm screws. At the bottom I made holes in the same places.

0b1960298fdc.jpg

33d7367400db.jpg

9bf03b12dd1b.jpg

ce968170bc33.jpg

89594f4396ef.jpg

Edited by 13WELT_JankeS

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

By default the base is straight, I leaned 13 degrees forward to have the handle skewed exactly the same as in a real F-16. The FSSB has centered itself.

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

By default the base is straight, I leaned 13 degrees forward to have the handle skewed exactly the same as in a real F-16. The FSSB has centered itself.

Your setup looks great sir. Came out here this morning to try and start looking in to how I am going to setup my hotas for the upcoming release, and wow I was way behind haha. 16 pages of discussion already!

I think your setup is super clean, and I may have to replicate your design a little :) Hope you don't mind.

Cheers!

Edited by HayMak3r

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

can somebody that ED or any else company will make a new HOTAS for F16?

The TM wathog isn't match and a TM cougar suffer some issu nowadays.

At least a new trottle grip for a warthog stick?

Because it hard to buy a new trottle from cougar.

Of course there is no problem - I send more detailed plans in PDF ;)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al5ZBRu6iKgyoFlZiSWWn3qIPHF2?e=PdXExz

I made a dedicated stick design. The whole construction is welded from stainless steel, so it is very stiff. I used the upper holes in the Playseat chair, only gave 8mm screws. At the bottom I made holes in the same places.

0b1960298fdc.jpg

33d7367400db.jpg

9bf03b12dd1b.jpg

ce968170bc33.jpg

89594f4396ef.jpg

Wow that’s really impressive, better than my current setup, how much to make me one? :smilewink:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Unfortunately, I don't have large production capabilities. The production process of my project took place by abusing friendly relations and harassing a few people ;) The only thing I can share is my idea ;P

Edited by 13WELT_JankeS

Oh well. Worth a try ;). Thanks for posting the drawings though!

Proud owner of:

All due respect this thread is getting very weird guys.

Although the stick is very similar if not the same as Warthog.The only thing i see here is "stick".

"THROTTLE" guys! We do NOT have throttles -at least most of us- !

If i were you i would be concerned about this.Not the "STICK"!!!

Throttle is a much harder problem unfortunately.

Proud owner of:

I thought about it seriously, but experiencing constant 1G I will leave it as it is ;) I don't know if I will change my mind in the future :)

Throttle is a much harder problem unfortunately.

Not really. The old cougar throttle works fine. Getting one cheaply might be an issue, keeping one running might be an issue. I also think the Winwing guys mentioned their throttle system would be modular and they might be working on an F16 throttle.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Not really. The old cougar throttle works fine. Getting one cheaply might be an issue, keeping one running might be an issue. I also think the Winwing guys mentioned their throttle system would be modular and they might be working on an F16 throttle.

I certainly do like the old Cougar Throttle which I still have. I prefer it to the WH throttle for fit and ergonomics. It needs to be upgraded but I'm waiting to see if anyone comes up with a new version of the F-16 throttle with modern internals.

The cost of upgrading or buying is always one of interest.

I'll watch and see what comes up in the next few months.

I certainly do like the old Cougar Throttle which I still have. I prefer it to the WH throttle for fit and ergonomics. It needs to be upgraded but I'm waiting to see if anyone comes up with a new version of the F-16 throttle with modern internals.

The cost of upgrading or buying is always one of interest.

I'll watch and see what comes up in the next few months.

I use both on modular mounts, Usually the cougar for single engine planes (mig21, M2k,etc), and the WH for dualies.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi, I have purchased an FSSB R3 in 2015 and not the Lightning version. would like to ask does it worth to upgrade it for DCS F16 because realsimulator does it.

it is almost new, I used it two times and I put a warthog PCB on it ,as they show it on their site and now with f 16 I wanted to know

Here you have the costs for the upgrade. but it doesn't matter just tell me if it is worth or not, I don't have budget restriction if you were in my place would you upgrade it, is there significant differences between FSSB R3 and FSSB R3L?

http://www.realsimulator.com/FSSB_R3_Forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=119

guys. Where are you all getting your fssb v3's at?!?! I've emailed them and never received a response. I'd like to get this all ready to go prior to the launch lol

well crap. I guess I was just missing the whole, there's a more current lighting version? haha. wow if only I could google just a little harder :)

Dang 550 bucks though. Is it worth it??

Edited by HayMak3r

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

guys. Where are you all getting your fssb v3's at?!?! I've emailed them and never received a response. I'd like to get this all ready to go prior to the launch lol

I believe they are away on holiday this time of year - big thing over there in Spain apparently.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F16 joystick/HOTAS discussion

I believe they are away on holiday this time of year - big thing over there in Spain apparently.

They’ve been back for a week now. Been in touch with Dragon as I’m one of the beta testers. Expect new firmware and tool app soon.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/